PDA

View Full Version : Rimfire Stevens Model 73 Hammer and Trigger??

Eagle_view
10-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Good afternoon all;

A couple of weeks ago a young fellow brought me a Stevens Model 73 Single Shot 22lr with all the parts busted up in a bag. His Grandmother-in-law said that her son had had the rifle and had given it to his daughter whose daughter is the wife of this fellow. Anyway somebody had really done a real job on the trigger/hammer trigger guard for this rifle. I found a new trigger guard assembly all put together from our favorite parts store Numrich and ordered it for him. It is here now but boy I don't see how the sear catches the hammer. I can see through the hole in the side where it should be hooking but thought that I would ask about before I strip this new trigger guard and start filing on the sear. It is an interesting action with the barrel being pulled out to release the bolt. Has anyone messed with these rifles enough to brief me on how these rifles work. I know they are not worth the time but it is a family rifle with history.

Thank you

Lowell

Eagle_view
10-11-2015, 01:27 PM
The hammer on the trigger assembly that Numrich sent me had been burgered by someone that did not know what they were doing and had stoned nearly all the sear notch away. I used the hammer that was on the rifle originally and every thing works well. Dog gone little rifle shoots pretty well too.

Lowell

Indigo22
10-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Good job... Welcome to the forum. These rifles are real beauties when they run right. I'd give Numrich a call about the buggered part. Request a replacement so the rifle has a spare.

John