PDA

View Full Version : Article: Stevens 555 Over/Under Shotgun Review

J.Baker
10-08-2015, 04:17 PM
You can view the page at http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?328-Stevens-555-Over-Under-12ga-Shotgun-Review

03mossy
10-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Good write up! I handled the 20 gauge version of these last Friday at Cabelas and was pretty impressed with the fit and finish and the way it handled. Sure would be a joy to carry in the grouse woods verses my black eagle.

culpeper
11-29-2015, 08:22 PM
Nice review on a good gun and glad to see an improvement to the 512, which was two steps forward one step back after the Milano.

Been shooting the Mlano for a long time now via trap shooting and a little hunting each year. Has never given me a problem. Too bad it didn't sale like they wanted. It is a nice gun for the original price. It is so good I'm not even in the market for one. Savage needs to go back to Italy and try again. Who knows maybe now is a good time.

J.Baker
02-01-2016, 09:22 PM
I really think the biggest reason the Milano didn't sell well was because Savage did very little to promote it. I still think they were probably one of the best mid-range O/U shotguns ever offered in the U.S. with the only close competition being the old SKB's.