PDA

View Full Version : Cross Eyed Rifle

cordesr1
10-08-2015, 10:01 AM
I have put together a 22-250 heavy barrel varmint rig from an old savage 110 flatback originally .243. My first mistake was ordering a scope right away and not looking into bases and rings.

Savage 110 flat back action
savage take off 110 tuperware stock
Take off barrel from Sharp Shooter Supply
Ground Recoil lug from Sharpshooter Supply
New Barrel Nut from Sharpshooter Supply.

I had ordered an EGW one piece base and weaver 6 hole tactical rings to mound a Burris Fullfield E1 6.5-20x50. I tried sighting it in and at 25 yards the closest i could get was 14" to the right with maxing out scope windage.

I have since tried going to Burris Trumount Bases and high signature rings and do not have enough clearance for the 50mm obj.

Is there something i'm missing here. is it possible to have messed something up when installing the barrel?

I cant see this base bringing the poi over 14" at 25 yds.

scope eye
10-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Your action might be twisted, you will need two piece scope mounts to do this, so what you do is put a straight edge across the side of them. while only resting it against one and see it rests against they other, try this on both sides and from both ends on the front and back bases.

Dean

scope eye
10-08-2015, 11:53 AM
If it is warped you can always get some Burris Sig Zee rings and some inserts. That will cure it immediately.
Watch this it explains it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcRAX5OLtJE

Dean

adammiddagh
10-08-2015, 12:30 PM
I used those rings on a mosin that the mounting holes were slightly off on. They work well. The ones I used were weaver style mount, not leupold style.