PDA

View Full Version : Big Dog manufacturers

pepper savage 111
10-07-2015, 12:23 AM
Hey guys, so i was reading about GA Precision rifles and I was wondering how they could guarantee 1/2 moa or better with factory match grade ammo? How is that possible?

I love reloading but I'd also like the option of shooting 1/2 moa or better with factory match ammo.

darkker
10-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Typically, people who sell you a guarantee don't do it on factory ammo. They do it on "A" specific ammo, and that is typically FGMM. Federal uses the same bullets, primers, cases, and OAL. So building a rifle around those dimensions, is very simple. If someone squawks, then "Try a different lot of ammo", then it's the ammo's " fault".

And for $3,000 many who saved long enough to buy it, won't say anything against it anyhow.

I've shot several GA rifles, they assemble a nice product. But they don't have a sacred tub of rendered unicorn lapping lard. Any decent local Smith can easily do that quality of work, at a lower price.

pepper savage 111
10-07-2015, 10:54 AM
That makes sense. I had a feeling those rifles were more hype at a premium price. I just couldn't grasp the bold claims that "high end" manufacturers are claiming. It just seemed ridiculous the me.

But that's a good call on consumers not willing to expess their dissatisfaction after spending that kind of money on a system. I'd find every reason I could to justify a purchase like that even if I received a product that wasn't what it claimed to be.

On that note, I guess it's time to put a little more mileage on the trusty barrel wrench.

Thanks, darkker!

Newsshooter
10-12-2015, 03:31 PM
My savage 12 LRP shoots 1/2 MOA with Hornady factory Amax ammo. :)