PDA

View Full Version : Couple axis questions.

scooterf79
10-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Hey guys,
Ive only messed with 110 type actions and dont really know much about the axis and Ive got a couple questions.
When you build do any of you all get the face of the receiver milled off to accept the 110 type recoil lug? I think Baker has an article on an axis build where he did this. I wasnt sure if it was a common practice or not.
My 2nd question, unless Ive overlooked, all the axis has dbm, is that correct? I prefer blind but wasnt sure if there was any way to make them blind or they were all dbm.
Thanks!
Scooter

Rosco
10-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Yes they are all DBM, but I would imagine with some work you could get one to fit for a blind mag. Unfortunately the stock options are very limited with Boyds, MDT and SSS being the only options that I am aware of.

As far as milling the face of the receiver Fred does that as part of his T and T job. Never had it done to any of my Axis, so I can't really speak on how well it works although I can see the benefit.

DrThunder88
10-03-2015, 05:05 PM
None of my builds have had the receiver turned back. There are probably some benefits to it, but it hasn't affected my guns to the extent that I'd care to do it that way.

I thought about doing a blind mag version by routing out the bottom of a Boyds stock, putting in a piece of Stratabond, and fitting a mag box and follower in the stock. Still, since the Axis doesn't have an open receiver like a 110, it would be difficult to load.

scooterf79
10-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Ahh....gotcha. Thanks for the info guys. I wouldn't absolutely have to have a blind mag, just what I prefer. Gotcha on the open receiver vs the axis. Just wanted to be sure if I end up building on axis.
Ive noticed the stock choices seem to be awfully thin....
Thanks again!
Scooter