PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111 safety stuck

sccndc
10-02-2015, 01:02 PM
The rifle is brand new and I dry fired it once. Now the safety will only go to 2 of the 3 positions; Full Safe and Half Safe. I can open the bolt but can't remove it completely. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks
Steve

Haiku_Rodney
10-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Being a brand new rifle, I would suggest you contact Savage. I am not familiar with the 111 with I assume an accutrigger, but with my old 110 I would remove the stock and adjust the screw for the safety.

shawnhu
10-03-2015, 01:21 AM
The rifle is brand new and I dry fired it once. Now the safety will only go to 2 of the 3 positions; Full Safe and Half Safe. I can open the bolt but can't remove it completely. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks
Steve

Mine has a bolt release button by the trigger guard that needs to be pressed and held before the bolt comes out.

sccndc
10-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys. I'll call Savage on Monday. I tinkered a bit but can't even take the stock off because I can't get to the screw underneath the bolt release button because the trigger is stuck.

shawnhu
10-03-2015, 02:47 PM
The trigger might be stuck because it's an accutrigger. Try lifting the bolt to reset the trigger, then try again.