PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 200 Limbsaver FRUSTRATION!!! please help

carsonsig
06-08-2010, 12:25 PM
ok, I have searched and read dozens of threads on this lovely site and umpteen others in vain search for a definitive answer on which limbsaver precise fit pad will fit

some people say the 10011 but it isnt even close... several people said the 10111, and the template seems to fit, but the holes dont line up.

is there another that people have used? if the 10111 is the winner.. what is the method for drilling new holes that will stand up?

thank you all so much for any guidance you can give me... I want to finally go and shoot my stevens some!

tammons
06-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I gave up and got a limbsaver slip on pad.

With extra cloths in the winter, I dont need much of a recoil pad anyway
so I use it on the range mostly.

Blue Avenger
06-08-2010, 06:48 PM
that stock are you talking about? and they are just a close fit, not a perfect fit

carsonsig
06-08-2010, 07:31 PM
I bought the "premium" slip on pad in medium.. figured it will fit fine and I can use it on my other guns too

thanks all!!

knickia
06-08-2010, 07:33 PM
10111 is what i put on my stevens SA with tupperware stock. as mentioned it's close, but there is a bit of overhang. I have not noticed it when shooting or anything, if it was a skeet shotgun it might hang on clothing, but no trouble hunting so far.

If you want it completely flush i guess you have to get the grind to fit

they also have templates you can print off their website to check against your stock (just be sure to not let the printer change the scale)

carsonsig
06-08-2010, 07:37 PM
yeah I printed the 10111 and it was close.... figured I might not want to drop $40 on each gun for something... so I got the slip on.... we will see!

hailstone
06-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Did it the easy way -- toss the tupperware stock and buy a laminated wood stock -- then have a Kick-Eez pad installed on that gound to fit. Learned my lesson on Limbsaver pads and won't own another one.

carsonsig
06-08-2010, 11:26 PM
A new stock is definitely on the horizon. But I think the wife might actually want to see me fire the gun more than never before I drop any more real $ into it. I like the boyds classic style in the grey.

hailstone
06-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Couple months ago Boyds had there Savage stocks on a weekend sale. Picked up both regular hunting style Ross and a thumbhole for other shooting. Got both for less than what some makers want for one. Can't see any big differences and I'm told they make stocks for various manufacturers production rifles. Additionally there only 128 miles doorstep to doorstep.