PDA

View Full Version : Single Loading Extraction

Builder
10-02-2015, 08:19 AM
Here's a remedial question, I'm pretty sure I know the answer but want to make sure. Shooting a factory 110, .300 RUM. Loading berger 215 hybrids, I'm too long for magazine length, so single loading. I'm also too long for ejecting a loaded round. In order to setup up to be able to remove an unfired round via bolt removal, I have to remove the ejector, correct? This rifle has the flat bar style ejector, and when I try and extract a loaded round, drawing the bolt all the way back, the ejector engages the case, but the tip of the bullet hits the front ring of the action. Since the ejector rides through the bolt, I'm also unable to fully remove the bolt. Any solution other than removing the ejector? Currently, I just use a knife blade tip and pop the extractor of the case rim.

Builder
10-02-2015, 08:39 AM
This is the style of extractor on the rifle:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/ejector-parts/ejectors/ejector-prod13003.aspx

Builder
10-02-2015, 08:40 AM
I meant ejector in the above post, not extractor...

sharpshooter
10-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Depending on how much more travel you need to clear the bullet, you can shorten the ejector some. Maybe about .090", which may give you enough, but then you may have to shorten the back side of the front baffle to give the bolt stroke more travel.