PDA

View Full Version : Savage Scout 11 rail options?

vietec
10-01-2015, 10:48 PM
I just bought a Scout 11 and am playing with my optic. I am having trouble getting a good cheek weld on it even with the optic as far forward as I can get it. The optic is a Nikon FX EER 2.5-8X pistol scope. It seems that it even has to go farther away for it to potentially work. I am now considering simply replacing the scout rail for a standard rail system and mounting a traditional scope on it. What are my options? Does anyone make replacement rails that would place a scope mount in the traditional place? I'm not overly attached to the scout idea, I just bought the rifle because every other feature on it seemed too good to pass up. Thanks!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/vietec/12002618_10153776133702652_62704215721635461_o_zps pwzarcsi.jpg

Maine-iac
10-03-2015, 06:06 PM
The scout set up is pretty fun but can be difficult to find a scope that works. I had one of the earlier Savage Scouts and went through 3 scopes before giving up. I ended up removing the rail and peep sight. Installed a pair of Weaver style bases and purchased a rear sight from Williams to install where the forward rail mounting hole was. Wiliams has a rear sight insert that is a ghost ring. I felt that maintained that Scout Rifle feel and look.

vietec
10-03-2015, 06:48 PM
I actually just picked up a weaver rail myself. Thankfully OpticsPlanet is not only taking the return but they also paid for return shipping. I'm a happy camper. Will probably get a vortex diamondback HP.