PDA

View Full Version : Leica Rangemaster CRF 1000-R SCAN MODE?

rcmark
10-01-2015, 03:35 PM
OK I am stupid.

I don't know how to set (and un-set) the scan mode.

The manual states:
"Hold down the main button (2) at the 2nd press.
After around 2.5 seconds"

I don't know what that means!

Thanks for any help!

yobuck
10-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Is there an 800 number in the manual?
Anyway if you had bought an ffp mil/mil scope you apperently wouldnt even need the ****ed thing. lol

pitsnipe
10-12-2015, 03:01 PM
With my Leica rangefinder I hold down the button and after a few seconds the range flash's and then it is in scan mode. Can then point it at various objects and the range will continuously update.

Snipe

huntin1
10-18-2015, 07:34 AM
OK I am stupid.

I don't know how to set (and un-set) the scan mode.

The manual states:
"Hold down the main button (2) at the 2nd press.
After around 2.5 seconds"

I don't know what that means!

Thanks for any help!

It's been awhile since I got rid of mine, but IIRC, you press the button to get a range, then release it and press it again immediately and hold it down, after about 2-3 seconds the range indicator will flash and you will be in scan, you need to keep holding the button down as you scan different targets. I don't recall that you have to "unset" it, I think it does that on its own once you release the button and stop ranging, but I just don't remember how it works well enough. Kinda put it out of mind once I switched to Zeiss.

earl39
10-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Is there an 800 number in the manual?
Anyway if you had bought an ffp mil/mil scope you apperently wouldnt even need the ****ed thing. lol

Seems everyone wants to range with a scope. Well i don't care how good a scope is it will not replace a rangefinder for ranging objects of unknown size. It will also range with more accuracy and most will range within 2 yards inside their published capabilities.

As for how to get it out of scan mode i would say (not owning a Leica myself) it would cancel when shut off and if not then repeat what it takes to turn scan on.

geargrinder
10-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Seems everyone wants to range with a scope. Well i don't care how good a scope is it will not replace a rangefinder for ranging objects of unknown size. It will also range with more accuracy and most will range within 2 yards inside their published capabilities.

As for how to get it out of scan mode i would say (not owning a Leica myself) it would cancel when shut off and if not then repeat what it takes to turn scan on.

Excellent advise, until the battery dies, or some other mishap occurs that renders electronics unreliable. I've found that my Swaro range finder gives erroneous readings in sub zero temperatures.

It's nice to know how to range with a scope and become proficient enough to be reasonable accurate.

Back to scan, my Bushnells require you to keep the button held to scan and then revert back to normal one the button is released.