PDA

View Full Version : factory scope settings

Blackbird94
09-30-2015, 10:48 PM
Had my new axis 223 to the range twice now. Shooting tulammo cheap crap to get used to it. 60 rounds in now. The factory settings if you can call them that were about 25" low and 15" right at 100yds. finally got them on paper consistently. My new bore lasers came in today so out to see where I was. I can only get 75 yds away at the house and I was 8 clicks high and 7 clicks left. Now is set at that distance. Can't wait to see little groups in the center of the target. Love the gun.

DrThunder88
10-01-2015, 01:13 AM
Great! The factory boresighting leaves something to be desired to varying degrees.

Tula's not going to get many recommendations for use in a Savage, but I'm glad you were able to use it to get the scope sorted.

fgw_in_fla
10-01-2015, 06:29 AM
Along with the factory bore sighting sucking salami skin, they need to learn the reticle in the scope is supposed to look like a "+" and not a "X". In the past 3 months I bought 2 Axis XP rifles for projects.
I got a good laugh at the scope install.

rfd12fv
10-02-2015, 07:05 AM
i can't see shooting krap ammo other than maybe to "break" in a barrel. i've found that tula is worse than krap, too. got a better chance at hitting a mark by throwing the rifle than throwing tula bullets - had that experience with a girl friend's ar15. i built her some good handloads and what a difference. as to scope setting, that always demands personal attention and tweaking.

Blackbird94
10-04-2015, 11:08 PM
After I learned to wipe off the lacquer on the casings the tula worked fine. I have and other scope I can put on this rifle if this one isn't what I want. Love the way the gun cycles. low recoil, still louder than I imagined but not a problem. Anxious to start doing the 1" groups.