PDA

View Full Version : Did any one ever wish... ?

Hammer
09-29-2015, 10:59 PM
Did any one ever wish they had a smaller garage or shop ?

foxx
09-29-2015, 11:12 PM
or smaller ANYTHING?

DrThunder88
09-30-2015, 01:46 AM
Maybe somebody did, but it wasn't me.

J.Baker
09-30-2015, 02:44 AM
Only those people who have committed themselves to the whole "tiny homes" ideology. If their idea of the ideal home size is equivalent to the size of a storage shed I would imagine a Kenmore refrigerator box would be a suitable garage size for their Smart Car.

BTW Art, I saw you were in need of an avatar for your posts so I found you one I thought was appropriate. :thumb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/MrFurious45833/Hammer_Avatar2.jpg

idunham
09-30-2015, 08:13 AM
I have a one stall garage, and have dreams of a 3 stall - DEEP - garage. A place to work on my motorcycle, a place to work on my guns, a place to work on my cars, and store the rest of my toys.

ah...dreams....

ger42
09-30-2015, 08:30 AM
Only time I have ever wished for that was when I was moving.

EFBell
09-30-2015, 09:07 PM
Only when I'm cleaning it...

Twinsen
09-30-2015, 11:48 PM
I'm tempted to reach through the internet and throttle you for even joking such a thing!

yobuck
10-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Its got little to do with how big it is and lots to do with how organized it is to a point at least.
With a smaller garage its easier to say (no) to other family members stuff.
And if you can keep others out, its also easier to find your own stuff.

Stockrex
10-01-2015, 12:05 PM
I had both, I think we humans tend to fill in the space we have. Space is something one gets used to. I have lived in Japan in Apts that will easily fit inside my living room. But I never felt I was cramped in those.
When I get my heating bill in Dec/Jan/Feb I have a few thoughts about downsizing but that is short lived :-)

scooterf79
10-01-2015, 05:01 PM
"I wish I had a smaller garage/shop" ---Said no one ever! Lol.
I think Stockrex is right. You live in what you have. I enjoy having plenty of space though. Before I got my gun room done, I had my reloading room where I did all my gun chores (before I started putting together my own). The room is really small (like 7x8 small). I would have to turn my guns at an angle to clean them to keep from hitting my cleaning rod against the walls....lol. I made due because thats what I had. Cleaned them that way until I got my gun room done.....now its so much nicer to have room to move lol.
Yobuck is spot on with the organization thing, makes a HUGE difference.
Scooter