PDA

View Full Version : 17 week's

possum1
06-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Anyone recieved a SSS stock lately ? I'm sure they are worth the wait............. but 17 wks. ::)

snipecatcher
06-07-2010, 06:20 PM
I've been waiting almost a year for a gun related part from a local gunshop. It sure does get frustrating!

drybean
06-07-2010, 06:32 PM
orderd mine may 21 said that they would be starting them soon
said wait time aprox. 3 weeks i can only hope

drybean

pdog06
06-07-2010, 10:09 PM
custom work takes time. I do agree that that is a bit long, but it is well worth the wait.

I just waited 17 weeks for a Brux 260 from SSS when I thought it would be 6-7 weeks. It was a bit frustrating waiting for it from just being so anxious, but I have it now, I like it, and all is good.

You just gotta keep telling yourself that this is a custom order and not a B&C stock, and it cant be made correctly and up to par in a matter of a couple weeks. I'm sure you'll feel the same way I now feel before long.

Drybean, if you get yours in 3 weeks you will be very lucky, as that is really quick for a custom "made to order" gun part. Be sure to let us know. Could be he has some extras or a cancellation like the one you ordered, which would speed up your wait time.

When I ordered my SSS stock(2 of them actually), they took 5 weeks, just as promised.

sinman
06-07-2010, 10:17 PM
It will be worth it, I know some of my barrels go over their quoted time, some a lot over but we do what we can to try to get them to you asap.

bodywerks
06-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Lucky me. I have two fcp-k's that need stocks. So I will get a choate now while I wait for my sss. Placing the order today. Yesterday they said 10 weeks was the wait...

Cover Dog
06-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I just received a Stockade Rollover Cheek Thumbhole stock that was ordered on Feb. 1st. It was delivered Monday, 18 weeks to the day. And that was a money saver stock, now I have to due a little sanding and filling.

Now I'm waiting on the Shilen barrel I ordered the same day. That was to be 16 weeks. Called the other day they said it's going to be about 20 weeks.

drybean
06-17-2010, 06:28 PM
recived a e-mail today from lisa that my lvt stock
should ship today,orderd 5/21
now the wait for brown truck

drybean

possum1
06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
recived a e-mail today from lisa that my lvt stock
should ship today,orderd 5/21
now the wait for brown truck

drybean
That don't make no sense either. I ordered on Feb., she said I was #19 on list ???

drybean
06-17-2010, 07:12 PM
they had the lvt stock in the colour that i wanted

possum1
06-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Didn't know they kept any stock's in house ::)

bodywerks
06-18-2010, 12:46 AM
They haven't, but the wood is stained custom to order. If someone canceled their order SSS is stuck with the stock unless someone else wants the same color. That's probably what happened in drybean's case.
SSS says they have a 25% restocking fee. IMO, this fee should be waived if they can't meet their end of the bargain(getting the stock to you when they say they will) and the customer doesn't want to wait any longer...
I just hope mine gets here in the 10-11 weeks they quoted.