PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 FCP vs 12 FCV in .223

RegisG
09-26-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my 223 and have found new Savage 10 FCP (law enforcement) and 12 FCV for approximately the same price. they will be online orders so I can't hold them. Will mostly just shoot paper and occasional coyote. I'm trying to understand the differences between these.

Both heave barrel, and accutrigger. Weight close and the 12 is 2" longer barrel.

Appreciate any info on differences that would effect accuracy.

Thanks,
Regis

darkker
09-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Go to Savage's website and look for yourself

RegisG
09-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Go to Savage's website and look for yourself

Been there but was looking for anyone's experience.

SlowTrigger
09-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Doesn't look like the 10 FCP comes chambered in .223?? Maybe I'm missing something...

big honkin jeep
09-28-2015, 05:00 PM
FCP is
F= synthetic stock
C= detachable box
P= law enforcement series ( medium contour barrel)

FCV is
F= synthetic stock
C= detachable box
V= Varmint series ( Varmint contour barrel)

There is not a whole lot of difference and either one is most likely going to be capable of superb accuracy with a load it likes.
Since the details of these models have changed over the years with the addition of the accutrigger and accustock, I'd check the details of the online ad carefully as that's where any differences should be spelled out. One or both could be new old stock etc, so one may have advantages in that regard over the other.
Good luck

RegisG
09-28-2015, 05:13 PM
I was hoping to hear that either would/should have superb accuracy. Just ordered 10/110 FLCP in .223. Has fluted bull barrel, muzzle brake, Accutrigger, and Accustock.
It was new and a price that I could afford. It does have a 1:9 twist and my expectations are up to 600. Can't wait to start loading for it.

Thanks,
Regis

FCP is
F= synthetic stock
C= detachable box
P= law enforcement series ( medium contour barrel)

FCV is
F= synthetic stock
C= detachable box
V= Varmint series ( Varmint contour barrel)

There is not a whole lot of difference and either one is most likely going to be capable of superb accuracy with a load it likes.
Since the details of these models have changed over the years with the addition of the accutrigger and accustock, I'd check the details of the online ad carefully as that's where any differences should be spelled out. One or both could be new old stock etc, so one may have advantages in that regard over the other.
Good luck

big honkin jeep
09-28-2015, 05:29 PM
I have a few of the LE rifles and a few Varminters as well as several Leftys just not any lefty LE or varmint rigs, unless something suitable for those pesky garden Rhinos counts..
I'm also a big fan of muzzle brakes unlike some folks :)
That's a really nicely equipped rig and I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

foxx
09-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Nothing wrong with asking. The factory site does a piss- poor job of describing their products. One model comes with Axis style dbm and another with an all metal framed, traditional dbm. There is nothing on the website that would indicate which version is on which models. Its all about making everything they have sound good, not about describing what the diferences are or helping provide information for the consumer.