PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central Forida

concretus
09-25-2015, 07:19 AM
Hello,
Thank you for allowing me to join this forum! I'm from the east coast of Central Florida, I recently purchased my first Savage rifle and I'm so looking forward to developing a load and shooting it! I've heard there is a world of information and knowledge here and just by browsing through I can see it. I hope I can reciprocate in some way as time goes by. Thanks again!

fgw_in_fla
09-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Where in central Fla?

I'm here in the south end of Brevard Co.

Welcome to the war, kid.

And by the way, if you're a reloader don't take any load info from a guy named Dean / "scope eye" - unless you want to get a second job to afford the extra powder you'll need and you'll be replacing the barrel 3 times a year.

drybean
09-25-2015, 09:51 AM
Welcome aboard

devildogandboy
09-25-2015, 02:05 PM
welcome to the forum!

Bruce

tufrthnails
09-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Welcome to the site. Lakeland, FL here. Getting a few Floridians on here might need to get together to do a shoot some time!

concretus
09-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Thank you everybody!!! I'm in Cocoa, about 15 miles from the beach! There is an awsome gun club in Titusville I belong to. When the surf's not up, I'm pretty much there most of the time...My lady shoots as well and I reload more for her than myself.....

yobuck
09-25-2015, 05:48 PM
15 miles would put you west of 95 in hog country. What kinda yardage does that club have on their range?

fgw_in_fla
09-25-2015, 06:11 PM
I've heard from my son in Port St. John it's a pretty nice place. Somewhat casual.
I think I recall him saying it was max at 200yd.

Don't quote me on that. It was a while since we talked about it and the 'ol memory just ain't what it used to be.

concretus
09-25-2015, 07:56 PM
15 miles would put you west of 95 in hog country. What kinda yardage does that club have on their range?

Actually I'm just east of I 95 in Pt. St. John. We have 100, 200, and the 300yd range just opened...'There is one pistol range for the public (7yds) and 3 others for members including plate racks.

concretus
09-25-2015, 08:04 PM
I've heard from my son in Port St. John it's a pretty nice place. Somewhat casual.
I think I recall him saying it was max at 200yd.

Don't quote me on that. It was a while since we talked about it and the 'ol memory just ain't what it used to be.

That's the one.... It's off of SR 46 about 5mi west of I-95. They just opened a 300yd range...
I've been a member for some time and a range officer for about three years....The folks have a good time and feel safe how we run the sessions. I used to belong to one for KSC and contractor employees...During the Bill (the whore) Clinton administration, the lady they assigned to run the park was anti- gun and found a way to have it closed for good....

fgw_in_fla
09-25-2015, 09:10 PM
We were supposed to get a couple 300yd lanes at the Sebastian range and it was scrubbed at the last minute. No reason given.
If you just got a couple 300yd lanes, maybe you got ours?
The Sebastian range is owned by Fla. Fish & Wildlife.
Sucks baloney skins that some anti-gun bimbo would have a company shooting spot closed.

We have a few hundred acres in Osceola Co. (right next to Deseret) where we can do whatever we want. It's nice having one's own private shootin' place. I can even walk around in my shorts with a drop leg holster & AK47 and there's nobody to laugh at me.
Well, except the wife...

concretus
09-25-2015, 09:32 PM
We were supposed to get a couple 300yd lanes at the Sebastian range and it was scrubbed at the last minute. No reason given.
If you just got a couple 300yd lanes, maybe you got ours?
The Sebastian range is owned by Fla. Fish & Wildlife.
Sucks baloney skins that some anti-gun bimbo would have a company shooting spot closed.

We have a few hundred acres in Osceola Co. (right next to Deseret) where we can do whatever we want. It's nice having one's own private shootin' place. I can even walk around in my shorts with a drop leg holster & AK47 and there's nobody to laugh at me.
Well, except the wife...

I've been to that range before. It's laid out very nice... The one in Malabar is nice too... I used to shoot High Power there...

big honkin jeep
09-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Welcome

fgw_in_fla
09-26-2015, 07:02 PM
I've been to that range before. It's laid out very nice... The one in Malabar is nice too... I used to shoot High Power there...

Would you believe I live about 3 minutes from Pt. Malabar P&R club? I live so close that last year when we first moved to this side of town I stepped out the door one fine Florida morning and heard the delicate sound of small arms fire. Lots of it. So much of it I got into a low crawl and headed back in the house.

Turns out there was a shoot there on that weekend. Sounded like a shootout going on 4 blocks away.

A few times I;ve considered joining but I have trouble wanting to drop 300 bucks to start. Then there's the "have to qualify to use the 600yd line" thing I have a problem with.
Like I mentioned earlier, got my own private shootin' place. Hogs to hunt, jungle to hump thru, camping, peaceful, quiet and no cell signal.
We ought to try to get together sometime.

concretus
09-27-2015, 07:03 AM
Yea, 300.00 is a little steep but it is a nice facility....sure that would be nice. Going to kill some paper now....

Rick_W
09-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Welcome

Hotolds442
10-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Welcome!

mudpig
10-22-2015, 08:12 PM
welcome aboard