PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 93R17 GV Complete Bolt Assembly

Navy_CWO7161
09-23-2015, 04:43 PM
I am looking for information on where I can purchase a complete bolt assembly. Savage website list the item as "gunsmith only" and Numrich is out of stock. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Problem: Gun will not fire some rounds, the rounds show light striking. I have tested Winchester, Hornady, and Federal ammunition with the same results. I am looking to order whole new bolt assembly to alleviate the problem.

Hotolds442
09-24-2015, 06:16 AM
Savage will sell you "gunsmith only" parts providing you fill out and fax a signed release waiver. Call customer service and talk to them, they may just have you send them the rifle on their dime and fix it for you.

Navy_CWO7161
09-24-2015, 11:15 AM
Thank you for the info.

shagerott
09-24-2015, 06:07 PM
I used a new firing pin form Numrich and cleaned/polished it up. Fixed light strikes on one of my Savage without changing headspace. My bolt fit well so it stayed with the barrel and receiver.

J.Baker
09-25-2015, 04:38 AM
If you replace the bolt you will have to have a gunsmith check and likely reset the headspace. As such I would highly suggest contacting Savage to see about sending it back in to be checked over. Savage's C/S is really good and if it's a parts defect they'll likely do the repair/replacement for free even if it's out of the warranty period.