PDA

View Full Version : PMC Bronze 223 OK?

stash
06-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Yes--Still gathering info. I see Cabelas has PMC Bronze 55 grain .223 for 6.49 a box of 20. I plan to buy several boxes at this price. Any issues using a Savage 12BVSS or 12VLP with this ammo?

Thanks!

Stash

helotaxi
06-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Not going to be the most accurate ammo you'll fire from those rifles and really won't give you any idea of what they're capable of. It makes great training ammo in an AR where sub MOA accuracy isn't the goal but volume of fire is high. If you want practice ammo that will at least hint at the potential of your rifle, you're going to have to pony up some dough.

Balljoint
06-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Try Black Hills Ammo the blue box is remanufactured ammo the red box is new ammo is sold by Cabelas

sha-ul
06-26-2010, 04:24 PM
is the pmc brass decent to reload with?

oh fwiw, have you guys tried http://www.ammoengine.com/

it is a search engine just for ammo, you can sort you results by price per round, bullet type, and a few other options.

Wtex
07-02-2010, 04:39 AM
On a somewhat related note, any problems using 5.56 ammo in Stevens 223? The PMC is listed as 223, but all of the
Winchester I can find is 5.56.

okie2
07-18-2010, 11:15 PM
the one and only time I bought PMC ammo it was for a 6.5X55 Mauser
I will never buy or shoot any of it again.
the first 3 shots out of the box blew the primer completly gone.
I have a friend in Utah that bought some Nosler ammo
it blew his Remington 700 completly apart and put him in the hospital.
He collected a new rifle and all damages were paid by Nosler.
Reloading is more safe for me.

powderburn
07-20-2010, 05:35 PM
I bought a box of the PMC FMJ stuff when I first got my savage 200 and used it during the sight in process and initial trip the range. It shot good not great but probably shot 1.5 " using a hasty rest over my car hood. I was mainly interested in getting the scope mounted and on the paper. The brass may be OK but it does have a crimp which is a pain to deal with. For the $$ as to cheap ammo I bought some of the 100rd bulk federal at wally world $39 and it shoots about 1" in my rifle so I would probably recommend it over the PMC. Really for reloading I would just buy a sack of brass and start from scratch if accuracy was my main goal. I expect I will be able to find a load that will do better than either and the brass will probably be easier though the federal was fine for reloading. If your stock piling ammo for your AR during a zombie attack then the PMC s/b fine.

Got Diesel
07-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Actually the 100 rd Federal value packs from walmart are the ones that have the crimp. The PMC Bronze is not crimped. The PMC in my rifles shoot a little better than the federal. 3/4 MOA, compared to 1 MOA. Handloads shoot the best at under 1/2 MOA.

powderburn
07-22-2010, 07:59 PM
The PMC I bought was definitely crimped actually heavily crimped. The Federal had a very mild crimp and easily came out with a turn of the deburring tool.

Brianatl
07-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Its hit or miss on PMC brass I have gotten both crimped and non crimped.