PDA

View Full Version : boyds price changes

SThomas3791
09-20-2015, 10:01 PM
ordered 2 boyds stocks recently on the 8th and 9th of september. i already received one and she is peerrrrty. the other stock is still "in process." well, as i was looking at the status of the order just now i noticed the pricing went from $97 and $99 on the two stocks i ordered 11 days ago to $129 each now. i will be curious to see what i will be charged come the day they ship the 2nd stock and charge my account. i would assume that my price at the time of ordering will be honored but we will see? thats a 30% price increase in the last 11 days. must be gettin close to hunting season somewhere i think?

gir001
09-24-2015, 07:00 PM
A 30 percent increase is a pretty steep increase!

DrThunder88
09-24-2015, 07:53 PM
Some of the styles seem to be higher like the Classic and Prairie Hunter, but their twin siblings, the Platinum and Heritage, are the same. The Pro Varmint price is also the same.

Rosco
10-12-2015, 04:44 PM
I just checked and the ProVarmint price has also increased for both the Model 10 and Axis. The Axis is $144.00!! I suspect this may be due in part to the seriously low markups for all of the channel re-sellers who have been complaining for years.

Iowa Fox
10-12-2015, 10:32 PM
Even at $144 they are still cheaper than most. I have a feeling the Rutland fire 15 months ago certainly didn't help the cost of plywood to Boyds. Over the last five years a lot of stock makers have left and the ones that remain are expensive.

Rosco
10-12-2015, 11:04 PM
If you have Axis it really is the only game in town with any options.

DrThunder88
10-13-2015, 01:28 AM
Maybe this is to offset the cost of using metal hardware.

Ha ha ha! But seriously, it was bound to happen. The prices have been low for a while, and the cost of everything else seems to be going up. If this had been related to the Rutland fire, it seems like the price increase would have happened in late 2014 when it became clear that they lost a major supplier, and it was pretty clear from the outset that Rutland was down and out.

I'm already waiting with bated breath for the MDT HS3 to be released for the Axis, so I'm set for stocks in the immediate future. But now that there's less than a $100 difference between Boyds stocks and the SSS ProHunter, the SSS stock is looking more attractive. Boyds would still probably be my choice for screwing around with, but that could change with the prices. In any case, I'm glad I got my most recent Boyds stock when I did, and selling the one I ordered last year by mistake (even though now it could probably fetch its original purchase price) is less likely. There's always another project!

johnnyav
10-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Still a great deal imho

tufrthnails
10-27-2015, 06:56 AM
More like bumping the price to make the holiday sale even more enticing! but you never know materials may had bumped but that sure seems like a steep mark-up. was just thinking about asking for a Boyds for my 93r17 for christmas this year.

FW Conch
10-27-2015, 09:58 AM
It's likely their cost have increased significantly! They are still the best deal available as far as the sale cost of their stocks. I better get a Blue Varmit Thumbhole before the prices go up even more!