PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Stock Taking Forever

stomp442
09-17-2015, 02:10 PM
Has anyone had trouble getting your stock from Boyds lately? I Ordered a stock 20 business days ago and I still have not received the stock or a shipping notice. I have called and left messages multiple times and have never received a return call. No matter what button you push during the phone call after about 5 minutes of holding will transfer you back to the leave a message option. I have an emailed receipt and order number but I am not showing any charges to my card. To make matters worse the card I used to make the order has recently been updated and renewed with security features and the old card they have on file for the order is now useless. Any help would be appreciated.

03mossy
09-17-2015, 03:06 PM
I got a stock from them a few months ago. I think from date of order to when I received it was about 3 weeks. They did not charge my card until the day after they shipped it.

stomp442
09-17-2015, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I have ordered lots of stocks from them in the past and never had to wait even 10 days before it was on my doorstep.

Mozella
09-17-2015, 04:31 PM
I ordered one a few weeks ago and it took about 8 or 9 days from order to delivery.

stomp442
09-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Does anyone have a better number or contact to be able to get ahold of them. I sent an email this morning as well without a response so far.

SThomas3791
09-17-2015, 08:08 PM
i ordered a forest camo prairie hunter/limbsaver combo for an axis ii on the 8th, received it today and love it! i also ordered a nutmeg prairie hunter/limbsaver combo for a 111 trophy hunter the next day on the 9th, have yet to hear anything from them on this stock though, it still says "in process." hopefully it will get here soon though since i get anxious but i do know it takes them time to complete these orders. as stated above they didnt actually charge my card until the day after it shipped im thinking. i also know what you mean about the customer service number. i tried a half dozen times at least before i finally got a hold of someone only to have to do it all over again 2 more times after i was told i needed to contact savage. the customer service does lack a tad but the quality of the stock really seems to make up for it, so far.

EdKin
09-17-2015, 08:08 PM
I just got mine from them took a little over 3 weeks, was not an instock item so they had to make it. All the others I have bought before took less than a week. Iguess they are like many in the industry too much volume to keep up with.

BlueDog
09-17-2015, 11:10 PM
Also don't forget, the nights are getting cooler. Some are picking corn already. My walnut trees are nearly leafless. These are signs that the great pumpkin army of hunters are thinking about their long forgotten rifles and are priming up for their annual shooting session.(I think it's just a busy time of year, and I bet you'll get it soon.)

blink
09-18-2015, 12:34 AM
Also don't forget, the nights are getting cooler. Some are picking corn already. My walnut trees are nearly leafless. These are signs that the great pumpkin army of hunters are thinking about their long forgotten rifles and are priming up for their annual shooting session.(I think it's just a busy time of year, and I bet you'll get it soon.)

my thoughts exactly,i still haven't ordered mine but there is a disclaimer in red stating a minimum of 15 days to manufacture that was never there before so i take it this is likely the reason.

jfksc
09-19-2015, 11:59 PM
I ordered one recently and it came in about 2 weeks. Fair enough turn around time for a custom stock. BUT, the checkering is off on the fore end....way, way off. Not happy at all and they won't return my emails or phone calls or even acknowledge me. Haven't experienced customer service this bad in a long time.

foxx
09-20-2015, 12:07 AM
I ordered one recently and it came in about 2 weeks. Fair enough turn around time for a custom stock. BUT, the checkering is off on the fore end....way, way off. Not happy at all and they won't return my emails or phone calls or even acknowledge me. Haven't experienced customer service this bad in a long time.

I am not one to complain about Boyds. I tend to accept the aggravations of dealing with them. On the other hand, THAT is not right. If you rec'd a botched job or shoddy product, and made more than a few attempts to contact them and you get no response, I would IMMEDIATELY call my CC and challenge the charges. THAT kind of customer service is not acceptable in my mind.

devildogandboy
09-20-2015, 10:36 AM
yeah, if it's an obvious blunder on their part QC should have caught it. i'm sure they will make it right but it does take them awhile to get through the quantity of emails they get. i never tried calling them so i can't speak to that. keep trying them and good luck!

Bruce

stomp442
09-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Well, I have tried calling them multiple times Friday and all day today as well. I can't even get through to a live person to place an order. They put you on hold then give you the run around advertisement recording for about 15 minutes then send you to another message telling you to leave your name and number. No matter what option you push in their phone system you end up at the same leave a message prompt. Multiple emails have yet to be returned as well.

stomp442
09-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Just received a shipping notification. Took exactly one month since I placed my order.

LongRange
09-22-2015, 05:00 PM
not to bad....i waited 6wks for my XLR that will be here today...im like a fat kid in a candy store!!