PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: MKII TR Might Get The Boot

bvil
09-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Picked up a pretty nice Model 19 at a show this past weekend. If it shoots better than the MKII TR, I'm sending it down the road. A scope will be mounted to the 19 today while the TR is forced to watch. Maybe that will get its attention. The TR isn't terrible but accuracy sure doesn't match the price tag.

A Mossberg 144LSB parts rifle I am in the process of reassembling already shoots better than the TR... and looks better doing it. Can't use it in the email matches here so my hope is resting on the 19.

mr.revolverguy
09-20-2015, 05:20 AM
What is wrong with your MKII TR?
I completed this test using 15 different brands of 22 ammunition to see which brand my MKII would like. Wolf Match Target turned in the lowest groups. http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=4691

bvil
09-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Blame it on the email match "know your limits" target! That circle before the little black dot is only possible with the TR maybe 1 out of 10 shots. Wolf MT is OK in mine but Federal Match and CCI Green Tag are better.

Maybe I'm expecting too much out of it. I still might do some more work with bedding and tweaking. However, I'd rather shoot an 80 year old classic even if accuracy is the same.

Hotolds442
09-24-2015, 06:21 AM
Just a suggestion:
Try sorting your rounds by weight. That is the only control you have over consistency on rimfire rounds.
It tightened up my groups from 3/4" to less than 1/4" at 50