PDA

View Full Version : New Outdoor Store to Open in Pa

Balljoint
09-14-2015, 03:38 PM
New Gander Mountain Store to open in Warrington Pa. at Countyline Road and Easton Road in 2016

yobuck
09-14-2015, 05:21 PM
RT 611, (easton rd) and county line rd would either require tearing down some existing buildings or using part of the Wllow Grove navy base if my memory is correct.
In any event a Gander Mtn store should do well in that area.

Balljoint
09-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Building in the shopping center down the road from the base (Warrington Crossing)

yobuck
09-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Well its been close to 20 years since ive driven down that stretch of 611 so i guess (warrington crossing) happened during that period.
So what is happening with the nice brick buildings on the old Byberry hospital site?
My late wife lived on Southampton Rd. just a short distance from there and i was from Trevose.

Balljoint
09-15-2015, 02:40 PM
All the buildings at Byberry are GONE and in their place is TOWNHOUSES(expensive row homes) for age 55 and up, still a lot of deer in the back area at the Bucks County line had a Philadelphia Anterles lic one year went in the back areas was a large encampment of homeless not too safe back there if not known to them.

yobuck
09-15-2015, 07:10 PM
So did the state sell the land to developers or is it still a state owned project?
Sounds like it was a sell off of the property which means both state and city polititions did well.
The airport was also a haven for game. Especialy back in the days when there were lots of pretty looking
birds called pheasants.