PDA

View Full Version : Magazines for CDI bottom metal

dpollard
09-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Does CDI bottom metal only accept AI mags or can other brands be modified to work? Looking at having my B&C stock inletted to accept CDI bottom metal but not that excited about $75 each for AI mags.

lrshooting
09-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Does CDI bottom metal only accept AI mags or can other brands be modified to work? Looking at having my B&C stock inletted to accept CDI bottom metal but not that excited about $75 each for AI mags.

AI, accurate mag, and alpha mag are the only ones I know of for right now. I don't hear much about alpha, mainly ai and accurate. 223 versions might accept polymer mags. I can't remember for sure

BlueDog
09-12-2015, 09:30 PM
With my CDI setups I have ran both Alpha and MDT polymer. Both work well, the polymer has less space inside OAL wise, but is cheaper. The Alpha mags are shorter length wise and are really nice. When I buy more mags, I'll probably get a couple more Alphas, then wait for the Magpul.

If Magpul ever steps up!?! Supposedly they are releasing an AICS mag "very soon". In fact they just let it be known the new 700 Hunter stock is heading to distributors earlier this week (black only). So I can only assume the mags should be close behind. I think (don't quote me on this) MSRP is $34.95?

CavReconScout
09-12-2015, 09:30 PM
MDT mags will work too. $40 each from CDI. I use them on my 223 they work great. I use McRee (I think Accurate) mags in my 308 so I can't comment on how MDT 308 mags function.

Ha BlueDog posted while I was typing.

LoneWolf
09-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Get Alpha mags. They're my favorite and you'll only have to buy them once.

dpollard
09-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks everyone. I talked to my buddy and he modified Ruger Scout mags to fit his whiskey 3 chassis in lieu of AI mags. Granted, his chassis is on a badger ordnance action. Wonder if same mod would work on savage action.