PDA

View Full Version : Choosing the Right DBM Stock Bottom Metal Parts Tutorial

Pages : 1 [2]

TheShootist
03-31-2016, 09:37 PM
Hello all! This is my first post, I've been reading on this forum for a while now and finally decided to register. I was wondering if anyone had a serial number for a model 12 varmint low profile in .308? Or any other .308 in stainless with a dbm and top bolt release. I have a model 16 blind mag that I want to put in a Bell and Carlson m40 stock and convert to a flush fit factory dbm. Hopefully put a Shilen barrel on her one day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hotolds442
03-31-2016, 09:48 PM
Hello all! This is my first post, I've been reading on this forum for a while now and finally decided to register. I was wondering if anyone had a serial number for a model 12 varmint low profile in .308? Or any other .308 in stainless with a dbm and top bolt release. I have a model 16 blind mag that I want to put in a Bell and Carlson m40 stock and convert to a flush fit factory dbm. Hopefully put a Shilen barrel on her one day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I looked thru all the serial numbers I've got, no joy. What I do in that situation is go to Gun Broker and start looking at rifles that have what I'm looking for, then scan the pictures looking for a serial number in the photos. Good luck!

TheShootist
03-31-2016, 10:32 PM
Thanks hotolds. I've been sifting through pictures on a Google image search for a couple hours, hadn't thought of gunbroker. I'll do that now. Thanks again.

TheShootist
04-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Just found one for a 12 vlp in .243. J581356

Hotolds442
04-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Thanks for that, I'm adding it into my spreadsheet for future reference.

TheShootist
04-04-2016, 07:07 PM
You're welcome. I was still on the search for .308, just for the barrel. Thought about saving some money and putting a factory fluted varmint barrel on, but found out savage only sells those to gunsmiths. Looks like I'll still be saving for a Shilen or McGowan after all. Probably be happier in the long run.

Hotolds442
04-04-2016, 07:20 PM
The last time I talked to Effie at Savage Customer Service, she told me that they wont sell barrels to anyone, even gunsmiths. I'm also on the hunt for a factory fluted stainless barrel in 30 cal. My 116 FLSAK 300 WM came with one in light varmint, and I'd like to have another for the WSM. I'd thought about going with an aftermarket barrel in the WSM but it currently shoots .24moa at 400. I'm afraid to even run a patch down it lol.

TheShootist
04-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Yeah.....I wouldn't touch it! Lol

russell072009
09-29-2019, 09:36 AM
I've been looking for this thread for days. Unfortunately the images are all messed up. Can anyone fix it? Is it just me?

Orezona
09-29-2019, 03:46 PM
I've been looking for this thread for days. Unfortunately the images are all messed up. Can anyone fix it? Is it just me?

I'm running a Mac. Not sure if it matters but this is what I just did.

1. Click on the photo you want to view (It opened in Photobucket but wasn't showing the entire photo)
2. Select the arrow to move one photo to the right
3. Select the arrow to move back (left) to the original photo. This opened up the entire photo.

J.Baker
10-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Photobucket is now blurring images hosted via their service but shared on other sites. I'm assuming they're only doing this to those who are using their free account and not paid accounts, but that's just a guess. Basically they're just trying to find a new way to make people buy their service since their last attempt to do so almost put them out of business.

Fortunately for you all I promoted the original post to an article on the homepage and copied/saved the images on our server so they're still clearly visible there. You're welcome! :)

https://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?325-Choosing-the-Right-DBM-Stock-Bottom-Metal-Parts-Tutorial