PDA

View Full Version : Help with sorting 11/

RegisG
09-11-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm looking for a 260Rem or 6.5 Creedmore in Savage line and am wading through Savage models. Looks like I can get a mode 10 or 11 in a few configurations. I see some of the package (scope, rings, gun) pricing are the same or less than gun by itself. No one nearby have any selection other than Axis so I'm looking online. I found a 10 Predator Hunter that looks like it comes with bases but, not sure. I also found an 11 Trophy Hunter XP (package). The Trophy Hunters seems to be generally lower price so I'm not sure why. I definitely need accu trigger but, not so sure about some of the other features. I am Left handed but, have shot mostly right hand guns all my like so I have the luxury of getting either left or right hand action.

Of these models are there any features particularly good/bad for long range??
11 Trophy Hunter XP
10 Predator Hunter
10 XP Predator Hunter
116 FLCSS

I would be mounting my Vortex but, there doesn't seem to be any significant difference in package or not.

I'd appreciate any tips on these
Thanks,
Regis

foxx
09-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Primary difference, when both show detachable box mag, is the style of DBM. There are two types, one is the same DBM as the Axis and the other is an all metal framed, sprung-latched, all metal detachable magazine. The whole set, for the higher quality DBM is about $150 if bought separately from the factory. Also, stocks on the models s.a. Trophy Hunter that come with the cheaper Axis style mag do not even allow you to switch-out to the higher quality DBM because the "frame" that surrounds the DBM and allows it to function is molded into the stock. Therefore, if you want to upgrade the dbm system you have to also replace the stock. Some have all metal trigger guards, some are plastic.

All blind mags are the same.

Some packages include Nikon scopes which, though fairly cheap, they are certainly useable, in my opinion, and might be worth $90. The others are truly junk and do not do the rifle justice, IMHO.

I can't remember which models have which of these features, and their web sight does not distinguish between these differences. Nevertheless, that's why some seem so much cheaper than others.
Take heart, though, in the fact that all the actions and barrels are essentially the same quality. A model 10 for $700 has the same action as a model 11 listed for $389.

RegisG
09-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Thank you foxx for the information.

Regis

foxx
09-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Check this out:

(From member jpdown)

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?46198-Choosing-the-Right-DBM-Stock-Bottom-Metal-Parts-Tutorial