PDA

View Full Version : After Market Bottom Metal

hafejd30
09-05-2015, 02:19 PM
My brother in law is asking me for input on after market DBM for his savage 308 we built him. I Havnt done work with these aftermarket set ups but I'm sure many here have...so

Rifle is a model 11/10 action with bolt release on trigger gaurd. Current stock is a hogue with full length bedding block.

Been looking at cdi, accurate, ptg etc. Some require fitting more than others.

What are you guys running in yours. He wants good quality with minor or no stock inletting if possible.

Thank you in advance

Will be using AI mags

BlueDog
09-05-2015, 03:25 PM
I have two CDI DBM's. Top notch quality, and Jeff and Pam are so very nice to deal with. (PTG customer service has been less than stellar). Another plus for CDI is inletting is free, and Jeff has a good turnaround time, about two weeks last I checked. Any of the manufactured you mentioned are good. For my next build, CDI will get the call from me!

missed
09-05-2015, 03:27 PM
+1 for CDI. I won't do business with ptg again.

asr1
09-05-2015, 10:33 PM
+1 to CDI very solid platform mags are pricy but rumor has Mag pul making mags That what I heard.

missed
09-05-2015, 10:42 PM
The mag pul was supposed to be out already, I think the last I saw was October now. I have a few alpha mags but I'm having some double feed problems out of them.

BlueDog
09-05-2015, 11:25 PM
I've been Facebook stalking the Magpul bunch, as it seems they are more apt to speak there as anywhere else. With every post they have been bombarded with inquiries about the Hunter 700 stock and the accompanying AICS mags. Magpul said just yesterday "Soon, very, very soon".....

I feel as though this tease is wearing on folks. I can't imagine the magazines are the hold up as Magpul has mastered the craft. So I assume the hold up is the stock, and with their recent Glock mag recall I bet they are running the snot out of them to fix every possibility of a snafu. So I think when the stock is good to go, the mags will be released at the same time. (That OR they really are enjoying having people beg and squirm.)