PDA

View Full Version : Unable to open extractor link assembly/disassembly link-

MarTay6
09-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Reading through the FAQ's & Gunsmithing article links, I was looking for information on bolt disassembly/reassembly info for my Savage Single Shot Target Action. I assume the bolt for the Target Action is the 110 bolt series...
I found the excellent articles by Bootsmcguire on disassembling the bolt, and ejector disassembly- but was unable to open the link for the extractor disassembly link... I was told I did not have permission to access the page. I am signed in.... I would like to read this article- can someone help??
Thanks!
Wes

GaryB
09-03-2015, 11:42 AM
You might have to be a paid member.

MarTay6
09-03-2015, 12:17 PM
I was able to open the companion link on the ejector link right above it with no problem....
Wes

daniel87
09-03-2015, 07:48 PM
I was able to open the companion link on the ejector link right above it with no problem....
Wes

Are you referring to how to remove the a punch or flat head to the rear of the extractor oush in towards the center of the bolt

MarTay6
09-03-2015, 08:24 PM
I was trying to see how the extractor and ejector were disassembled/reassembled. I was able to open the link on ejector disassembly, but was unable to open the link right below it on how to remove the extractor- the claw on the edge of the bolt head recess.

DanSavage
09-03-2015, 09:27 PM
To remove extractor, place bolt on table so extractor is facing up.

Push extractor downward with a flat head screw driver,, being careful because a ball and spring will want to shoot out.

To install, put spring in and hold the ball down with screw driver while you slide the extractor back in the way it came out.

SimpleBeans

Regards,
Dan

MarTay6
09-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Thanks, Dan!!
Wes

J.Baker
09-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Nope, don't have to be a paid member. Don't even have to be a registered member or be logged in to view it.

sixonetonoffun
09-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Don't forget to do this inside a baggie :-)

Small parts go to Narnia sometimes!

MrO17
09-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Best tool is the small wrench that comes with a dremel tool, fits perfect. Ditto on the plastic bag also.