PDA

View Full Version : 110 FCP-K .300 Win Mag Accutrigger

Pachyderm1971
09-02-2015, 08:51 PM
I am planning to "set up" my 5 year old, NIB/NF rifle for long range shooting and wonder if the Accutrigger is something I should stay with for awhile or transition to the TIMNEY? Also, plan a cheek rest and bipod. Any suggestions?

Ron Eagle Elk
09-03-2015, 04:03 AM
Pachy, I shoot a 10FCP-SR in .308 with an Accu-trigger. I also shoot a Remington 700 in 30-06 with a Timney (Remington is notorious for bad triggers), as well as an AR with a Timney. The Accu-Trigger on my Savage is every bit as good as the Timney in either of my other rifles. Not sure if the Accu-Triggers 5 years back were as good or not.

Heavy Weight
09-03-2015, 10:33 AM
I agree....my Accutriggers are every bit as good as my Jewel trigger on my Remington 700. I think most of the people who hate on the Accutrigger have never shot it.

Heavyweight

pitsnipe
09-03-2015, 10:46 AM
I agree....my Accutriggers are every bit as good as my Jewel trigger on my Remington 700. I think most of the people who hate on the Accutrigger have never shot it.

Heavyweight

Or don't know HOW to shoot it. Pull straight back (good trigger fundamentals anyway) and you have no problem. I agree with these two, stick with a correctly adjusted (not too light that it trips the sear on a hard bolt close) Accutrigger. You wont regret it.

Snipe

Pachyderm1971
09-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Went to TIMNEY here in Phoenix last week to have new trigger for my REM 721 replaced. Great group of people over there. By the way, just across the street from GALCO. Will leave the Accutrigger as is. Will be shooting at Ben Avery west of I-17, north of Phoenix.