PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111 hunter xp non accutrigger #19673 aftermarket questions

Dirtracer27x
08-31-2015, 10:03 PM
Ok so I purchased a savage model 111 hunter xp,had a choice of this one or the axis 2 xp.i bought the 111 thinking it was the trophy hunter xp.sales guy misinformed me.didnt realize it till I got home and checked the numbers.my question is is this a decent gun and can I get aftermarket parts for it.i plan on hunting with it so a upgraded stock and trigger upgrade is a must.since I'll be packing it around I want to keep it as light as possible.i have been looking at some stocks online but not sure what ones I should be looking at.any suggestions on what direction I should go

olddav
08-31-2015, 10:16 PM
If I read your post correctly (50/50 shot), and you purchased the Savage 111, then yes you can get lots of after market parts an pieces for it. As far as what direction you should go, I'm not sure.

Dirtracer27x
09-01-2015, 01:53 AM
So if it says it will fit 111 everything should work? What about a good trigger upgrade?

olddav
09-01-2015, 08:15 AM
There are a couple of triggers that most seem to like. Timney and RifleBasix both make drop in replacement triggers and both are great for hunting. You should be able to find all you need to know on the web.

So if it says it will fit 111 everything should work?
There are some qualifications to that statement. Is it a center feed, stagger feed, blind mag or other, and barrel channel width. Chances are your barrel is the standard thin barrel so that one less thing to worry about, what type of mag is very important. You can find examples of each at the FAQ section of this forum or on the web.

Bolthead
09-01-2015, 08:47 AM
If it has the stock three screw trigger, that can be set up for a good crisp 2.5 lbs pull. When you remove the stock from the rifle, the magazine box will be attached to the action if it is a staggerfeed. If the box stays in the stock, it is a centerfeed. As oldav points out, everything you want to know about this rifle is on this forum. I have an older 111 which is a great gun. Enjoy.

Dirtracer27x
09-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Can't wait to get it it will be along 10 days,or 9 now lol.i want to start buying some upgrades so there here but not sure on parts.are all 111 in 30-06 same dimensions,not sure what the mag style is.its a cheap plastic mag.

Dirtracer27x
09-02-2015, 11:34 PM
After all the reading of posts my head is spinning lol.seems its about even across the board on what aftermarket trigger is better.i want a nice smooth pull but also safe for hunting.any suggestions on what would be my best option for a hunting build trigger?