PDA

View Full Version : Base issue ? No more adjustment

Monkeymaster
08-30-2015, 08:55 PM
Savage 110 FLAT back receiver with Warne steel - weaver style bases, Warne steel medium size rings, one extension, one standard, Burris Fullfield 3x9 scope.
270 Winchester shooting 140 grn sst's at 2900 fps hits 5" low at 100 yds, no more scope adjustment up.
The scope was on a ML-II, did not have any issues with it, worked good.
Never had a scope run out of adjustment before, so I started looking at my set up.
Took and leveled up the receiver with a bubble level where the bolt slides in and out, then put another bubble on the scope tube, scope tube runs up towards muzzle, but is on the line, so scope shows to be tilted up towards the muzzle.
Next took my digital caliper and measured from the top of the bolt, to the bottom of the scope tube, back was .833 and front was .854, these two measurements where 1.8 inches apart, the bases and scope adjustment knobs prevented me from getting any further apart, but the upward tilt was verified.
So, other than buying another set of bases and or rings, I need to verify the ones I have are wrong or mismatched.
Does anyone have or know the heights of a set of Warne steel bases for a Savage 110 flat back receiver ?
I have emailed Warne, but thought I might get a quicker response from here.

Also,

If I have to go this route, how do you get the correct size offset, in a set of Burris offset rings ?

Thanks in advance

darkker
08-31-2015, 11:18 AM
If you are tipped upwards, that is why you burned-up your adjustment. Although I am a little confused about why one ring is off-set and one without....
In any case, can you swap the bases front to back and gain altitude?

Arky 223
08-31-2015, 12:05 PM
Shim the rear mount with .020 stock.

Hotolds442
08-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Cut a shim out of a beverage can and insert it under the rear base. Use a hole punch to punch the holes for the base screws.