PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Installed an Apachee trigger kit

Pages : [1] 2

Bang
08-29-2015, 02:20 PM
I had hesitated to spend $58 more on this rifle, (Savage Mark II FV SR .22LR) but now that I have held the kit in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers, and installed it, I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger and purchased it. (Pun definitely unabashedly intended).

The kit consists of a ball bearing to compress and stiffen the sear spring, and a new adjustable trigger spring, and also includes two new pins for the trigger and the sear.

The stock pivot pins are .123” in diameter. The Apachee kit pins are a slop-removing .1255”. Very nice!

Installed the kit with the trigger spring at the lightest adjustment, placed a spent case in the chamber, closed the bolt, brought my finger back towards the trigger, feeling for it, and upon contact the engaged parts “fired”. WOW! Far too light, but nice to know I can work at that end of the adjustability.

Right now I have it set for what seems a reasonable setting, just determined by feel, for bench shooting. A gauge will be used in a final adjustment.

Testing for safe operation, I tried to get it to trip by slamming the bolt, walloping the stock with a number 4 diesel hammer et cetera, and trigger-sear engagement is unaffected by this modification. Meanwhile the safety blade remains totally stock, not part of the mod, and operational as designed.

Lightening the trigger has an effect that might be described by some as creep. Of course, the creep, if fair to call it that, was always there; it's just that with a lightened trigger the gradual transition is more palpable. The sear-trigger surfaces must have a dimensional engagement to safely engage in the field conditions the rifle was designed for.

I like it. I can feel the trigger moving through the travel and then it touches a little wall of resistance. At that point the next nanometer of travel is going to be the break. It’s like having a two-stage trigger, which I personally lean towards in preference. Translation....move trigger, feel the trigger is moving, point of sudden hint of resistance announces "You have arrived. Heads up. The next thing will be a BANG", followed by a call-the-shot bang.

Thinking about an Apachee kit? As others have said, and I gleefully join in, best $58 you'll spend on an otherwise superb rifle!:congratulatory:

justinp61
08-29-2015, 04:36 PM
I installed one on my BTVLSS when they first came out, without a doubt the best $$$ I've spent on this rifle.

swadiver
08-30-2015, 08:33 AM
+1 on the kit

Jack1
09-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Got one over to this side of the 'pond' for my Mark 2 BTVS now operates at 14 ozs would go lower.
Best $64 (£42) I have spent

Bang
09-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Having fired a couple hundred rounds after installation of the Apachee kit, I found that the bolt of my rifle occasionally fails to cock with the trigger set below a pound. I'm up at 1-1/4 pounds to ensure cocking now. Probably just a stacking of manufacturing tolerances. I'm happy with it.

Jack1
09-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Thanks for that

rchouser
10-05-2015, 11:41 AM
OK, two questions:

1. Is there an Apache trigger kit for a 93R17 (accutrigger).
2. Where can I get one?

thanks in advance.
rch

Jack1
10-05-2015, 12:17 PM
OK, two questions:

1. Is there an Apache trigger kit for a 93R17 (accutrigger).
2. Where can I get one?

thanks in advance.
rch

The contact I have is apacheetrigger@yahoo.com I think you would buy direct with PayPal or money order although when I was first looking ebay said it was for Mark 2 or 93 so worth a trip to ebay or e mail apache.
One thing for sure is they are a good piece of kit
Good luck
Jack

rchouser
10-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Thanks Jack1, I am on the way.

rch

rfd12fv
10-05-2015, 05:27 PM
i didn't even get the rifle delivered yet (mark II hb) and just ordered out an apachee. :)

Reeseman
10-06-2015, 12:51 AM
I have installed 3 of these kits , one on my project FV and for two of my friends BTVS models . If you are careful and polish every mating surface in the trigger group you will have zero creep and a silky smooth trigger that is safe at it's lowest settings . Qne of the BTVS's is strictly a field gun and I have it set at a crisp smooth 2.5 lbs on my digital Lyman guage . I have the other two at about 15 oz at their lightest settings on my guage . None of them will bump fire even at the lowest settings .

rchouser
10-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Thanks all. I am convinced.

rch

rfd12fv
10-15-2015, 06:20 PM
easy apachee kit install, got it down under a pound, excellent ....

http://i.imgur.com/PvcTsUL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dfRtuPJ.jpg

Jack1
10-15-2015, 06:39 PM
easy apachee kit install, got it down under a pound, excellent ....

http://i.imgur.com/PvcTsUL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dfRtuPJ.jpg

Got mine down to 8 ozs to start but settled on 14 ozs
Jack

juan916
10-22-2015, 01:11 AM
Debating on buying one

rfd12fv
10-22-2015, 05:19 AM
Debating on buying one

having done the rimfire accu-trigger spring cut thingy, the apachee kit is THE way to go. just do it.

Bang
10-22-2015, 11:58 PM
Debating on buying one

Been that. Done there. Just pull the trigger (ie do it). ;)

Jack1
10-23-2015, 04:44 AM
Been that. Done there. Just pull the trigger (ie do it). ;)

Best thing I did even with the extra cost of shipping to this side of the 'pond'

aslap
10-24-2015, 09:53 AM
This is the best mod to any gun that I've ever come across. Don't even waste time thinking about buying the kit. Just buy it! Heck, it's so good I have one of my non-gun owning friends ready to buy one just because it works so well!!

Tony

Jack1
10-24-2015, 09:59 AM
This is the best mod to any gun that I've ever come across. Don't even waste time thinking about buying the kit. Just buy it! Heck, it's so good I have one of my non-gun owning friends ready to buy one just because it works so well!!

Tony

Good news spreads fast!!