PDA

View Full Version : Whats another option to apachegunworks

AxXo707
08-25-2015, 04:12 PM
okay so im rebarelling a savage to either a 6.5 creedmoor or .260 remington. will make up my mind in a few days. I needed a barrel. so i went with the initial to ask northland supply. they got the criterion ready to go and the tools i need. the problem is they don't have threaded muzzle breaks and was kinda looking to have the m24 contour. so my option is to look for a smith who either sells the prefit with threaded muzzles or look for a smith who does the world. I went to apaches website bit he is not taking any orders. The only one who came close to wanting to fill my order is. X-Caliber. Talked to Rob yesterday and he said hes got the blanks ready, he can turn any contour and threaded the muzzle and shipped all for $340 prefit for my savage. I am a bit hesitant because im looking for a really really accurate barrel that's match grade and so far have not heard of X-Caliber. can anyone chime in if they knowof someone or a smith who sells pre fit threaded barrels or give some input on these Xcaliber barrels. My heart was set on criterion but can be swayed with the right backing

Rosco
08-25-2015, 04:58 PM
I haven't personally owned any x-caliber barrels but there are plenty of members here who have, both from Apache gun works and other vendors and have nothing but good things to say about them.

AxXo707
08-25-2015, 05:13 PM
yeah im sensing their legit. just wish I could get a better gauge on their barrels. hopefully more members will chime in and let me know what else they think

scope eye
08-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Yes They are top shelf stuff I have many myself, "how many" I won't say my wife reads my posts.

Dean

LoneWolf
08-25-2015, 06:45 PM
I ran a 243 XCaliber for the last year turned by Jim at AGW. I just received my replacement 243, a 2nd 243 to have on deck in the ready, and a 308 barrel to throw on for some back to the basics practice.

They're legit!

foxx
08-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Apache would not deal with them if they weren't good. Really.

And, it sounds like a heck of a good price with the brake threading and everything.

LongRange
08-25-2015, 08:16 PM
What type of shooting are you planing to do?

A good machine shop can thread a barrel for a break....shilen will do everything you want but call and check their lead times....ive shot out 5 shilens and am working on my 6th and everyone of them have been WAY more accurate than i can shoot...heres a good read on barrels and should make your choice even harder lol.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/11/18/rifle-barrels-what-the-pros-use/

missed
08-26-2015, 10:16 PM
I have 3 x calibers on the way.

Steel Rain
09-19-2015, 09:52 PM
I haven't personally owned any x-caliber barrels but there are plenty of members here who have, both from Apache gun works and other vendors and have nothing but good things to say about them.
I'm happy with Jim and my X barrel. My friend ordered a couple of barrels directly from Xcaliber. Don't think you can go wrong IME or for what I've read either way. I'll probably have Apache or X build my next tube.

CriterionBarrels
09-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Northland might not have any barrels with a threaded muzzle currently in stock, but we could certainly build one for you. Feel free to shoot me an email at contact@criterionbarrels.com if you have any questions on the subject.