PDA

View Full Version : Savage axis barrel

Benaxis
08-23-2015, 03:06 AM
Guys I've decided that I want a new barrel on my axis can anyone tell me where to get a bull barrel/heavy barrel that's threaded for around $300-350? Is that reasonable?

DrThunder88
08-23-2015, 09:54 AM
When you say "threaded" are you looking for muzzle threads or the action threads? Just the latter is easy to come by in your price range, but there's only one place I can think of to get you the former as well: Apache Gun Works. The problem there is that Jim isn't taking orders at the moment, but it might be worth the wait. A regular prefit (with just the action threads) can be found at a few other forum sponsors. For example, Gun Shack has Shaw prefits starting at $200 and McGowens around $290. Northland Shooters Supply has Criterion prefits for $300-320 and Shilens for $300-380. The Barrel Outlet might also be an option. Depending on your specs, you could get a semi custom barrel with muzzle threads for just over $400.

Of course you can also find prefits elsewhere. I got my Shilen, for example, from Midway back before I knew any better. I also have an Apache barrel built to my specs (including muzzle threads, as it happens) that was well worth the wait.

EDIT: And it looks like Black Hole Weaponry might be able to meet your needs within your budget as well.

Rosco
08-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Check Apache's website every week or so Jim has been putting barrels on ebay some of them are already threaded and some also have muzzle brakes included.