PDA

View Full Version : 110 W/ Scope mount

35Whelenshooter
08-22-2015, 04:08 PM
I was making my pawn shop rounds looking for possible candidates. I came across this rifle 110 blind magazine in 3006 that had built in scope mounts on the action, this is the first time that I have seen one with it built in to it.
Would anyone have anything on this rifle, possibly the age, time frame, would this make a possible old find, or one of a kind? Did Savage make this?, also had Savage scope rings with too. Any information would be great.

Respectfully,
35 Whelenshooter

devildogandboy
08-22-2015, 04:48 PM
can't help you much, but did see one on Gunbroker about a month or so back. i thought maybe it had the mounts bedded. good luck.

Bruce

olddav
08-22-2015, 06:15 PM
Can't offer much more info than devildogandboy but the mounts are soldered on and it most likely came from Savage that way.
What year was it built, can't say.

35Whelenshooter
08-22-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks, I will keep looking

243LPR
08-22-2015, 07:22 PM
I guess if they were soldered on square and true they would be ok.

Hotolds442
08-22-2015, 11:40 PM
Avoid it.
According to sharpshooter, those were built during Savage's era of shame, where accurate rifles were not the norm.

GaCop
08-23-2015, 06:09 AM
Avoid it.
According to sharpshooter, those were built during Savage's era of shame, where accurate rifles were not the norm. +1!!

wbm
08-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Sent you a PM.

BillPa
08-23-2015, 10:30 AM
I was making my pawn shop rounds looking for possible candidates. I came across this rifle 110 blind magazine in 3006 that had built in scope mounts on the action, this is the first time that I have seen one with it built in to it.
Would anyone have anything on this rifle, possibly the age, time frame, would this make a possible old find, or one of a kind? Did Savage make this?, also had Savage scope rings with too. Any information would be great.

Respectfully,
35 Whelenshooter

One of these?
http://i41.tinypic.com/xf9ilx.jpg http://i42.tinypic.com/sy9i0z.jpg

Out of the wrapper....
http://i40.tinypic.com/20iwen6.jpg

From the S/N someone here said it was made in '88. Fully adjustable trigger, standard old style blind mag and etc. Other than the soldered on mounts its a run of the mill early 110 LA. That one I bought from a guy on another site, $150 new, unfired. He got it in lieu of cash from the original owner who bought it new but never put round one through it.

Are they any good? Yes and no. For a shooter as is there's not a thing wrong with them. While I owned it had both a 270W and 280R barrel on it. When I sold it I put a new unfired take off '06 on it for the guy. AFAIK he still shoots and hunts with it. On the downside the receiver would need to be drilled-tapped for mounts if they were to be changed.

With that said if you're looking for a donor action I'd pass. If you want it for a just for a shooter it would be fine provided the price is right.

Bill

35Whelenshooter
08-23-2015, 12:08 PM
That is exactly what I found, so I will pass on this one from the pawn shop, thanks to all that helped me out.