PDA

View Full Version : Assistance needed trigger job on an older model 110

cookiemunster
08-20-2015, 11:55 PM
My friend has an older savage model 110. He's trying to lighten the trigger to 2.5-3 lbs does anyone know how to achieve this. We have taken it to 2 gunsmiths and it is still at 6lbs. How many different trigger styles did savage make 1. accutrigger, 2. pre accutrigger and 3. this one i believe it is pre 1970's. Is there anyone than knows how to lighten the trigger to like I said 2.5-3 lbs. He put a krieger barrel on it and i nice laminated stock and had it re-blued and I think it should be shooting better that 1 MOA. It has to be a 6lb trigger?

olddav
08-21-2015, 12:30 AM
There is a couple of articles under main menu, gunsmith section. See if either one is helpful.

Haiku_Rodney
08-21-2015, 02:44 PM
I have a 1980's Savage 110CL whose original trigger had a pull that maxed out my friends trigger pull gauge. I installed a Timney trigger. I haven't measured the "pull". I set it to what felt comfortable to me. No very difficult to do. Adjusting it took a little bit of studying. I could not go exactly by the Timney instructions because of how the bolt release functions, but, I did get it adjusted and it is much better than the original.

devildogandboy
08-21-2015, 09:23 PM
if he has the old 3 screw trigger he should be happy, they be can adjusted fairly simple and feel comparable(or almost) to an aftermarket trigger. i have replaced some of my triggers with Rifle Basix and this one will not be replaced, actually i wish i had more of them. here's link how to adjust it for the 3 screw: http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?130-Factory-3-Screw-Trigger-Adjustment-Procedures

Bruce

Robinhood
08-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Can you post a picture of the trigger on the action?

LHitchcox
08-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Does the rifle have a boss (bulge of extra metal) where the rear sight is mounted? If so, you have the first generation rifle which is harder to tune. If your rifle does not have the boss, you have a trigger that can be tuned, especially if there is a sear screw. Let us know which variation and someone can surely help.