PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Model 10 fcp---. 308 on Layaway

7stw
06-02-2010, 10:44 AM
I have finally decided that I could not live without it any longer. I have eyeing a model 10 FCP in .308 for some time now. This one is in .308, accutrigger, and HS Precision stock. I have just about wore the finish off of the stock just by picking it up every time I go into the gun shop. Well I put half down yesterday, and will pick it up shortly. Any body got one and want to share some stories? Man am I tickled. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve again. What a feeling!That thing is awesome.This will be my second model 10, and fourth Savage in my cabinet! WOW. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL....7STW (correction to my own post, The model is a 10 FCP HS precision) I get confused on the suffixes on the model numbers)

savageboy
06-02-2010, 04:10 PM
If you really want to have fun, start shooting F/ TR class in F class shooting at 600yds/ 1000yds. If you can get the 175's shooting good out of it, put good glass and a bipod on it, you should do very well

Wtex
06-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Congratulations. I hope to join you soon. Where did you get it? Every so often I see a flyer from Cabela's carrying one in
a Choate stock with a sort of pistol grip. One day soon I'm going to get it!

deviant
06-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Congratulations. I hope to join you soon. Where did you get it? Every so often I see a flyer from Cabela's carrying one in
a Choate stock with a sort of pistol grip. One day soon I'm going to get it!

I bought one of these rifles from cabelas for $699.99 about a month and a half ago. I have it down to 1/4 moa groups at 100 yards with 175gr. MK's. I did have to touch up the crown and bed the action to get the groups down from about 1/2 moa. This is also with a cheap simmons 44 mag 6.5x-20x scope. I have a sightron SII 36x42 brd on it's way. Now, hopefully i'll find out what the rifle is really capable of :)