PDA

View Full Version : savage 11 vs 16 ?

savage2014
08-17-2015, 01:42 AM
Hi all, I'm planning to buy a rifle in 308 and am choosing between models 11 and 16 trophy hunter. What is the difference between them? Also if I would go for a stainless 16, is accustock woth the $100 difference? I am not planning to change stock. Thank you

Heavy Weight
08-17-2015, 09:51 AM
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

There are too many little variations between the various models to list them all....but basically the only major difference between the 11 and 16 is that as you mention, the 16 is stainless. The link above will let you look at each model in detail.

And yes....IMHO the Accustock is worth every penny of the $100. If you are not replacing the stock for a high end model (McMillan, Manners, etc.) it's a must. It will be more accurate than most shooters....and anyways, I get the impression you're a hunter, not a benchrest shooter looking for quarter inch groups.

Good luck!

Heavyweight

savage2014
08-17-2015, 10:35 AM
thanks @HW, I have browsed the savage website and looked there but all I saw was a generic comparison. I was looking for a more detailed comparison, and the "too many little variations" you mentioned got me more curious... you're right I am not a benchrest shooter. This gun will be an all around tool and toy! Thanks

big honkin jeep
08-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Just to be clear the package guns such as the trophy hunter do not come with the accustock.
I like the accustock a lot. It certainly feels better. On the other hand I have several older rifles with standard synthetics that are also amazingly accurate.
Is It worth the $100? In my opinion yes. The 16/116s are my favorite hunting rigs and fairly low maintenance. :)
Good luck