PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket stock options for 116 left hand long action hinged floor plate

Timbob
08-16-2015, 04:23 PM
If anyone has experience with restocking a left hand weather warrior 116 long action with hinged floor plate would like to hear what you went with and if anymodification was need.I see boyds have some but only avaialabe in detachable box magazine option. Looking to change from the accustock as getting different results each time action goes in and out no matter how careful Iam following instruction and torque settings.
Cheers.
Tim

jpdown
08-16-2015, 07:30 PM
The LA, CF hinged floor plate frame assembly uses the same inlet as the CF DBM frame assembly. So any Savage LA, CF stock with the DBM/HFP inlet will work. A Boyds stock would give you more styles and custom options without a long wait time . A Boyds Savage LA (111, 116), LH, CF, DBM stock should be a drop in fit for your LH WW and HFP frame assembly. The recoil lug used with the accustock is different. But if you bedded the recoil lug and action in the aftermarket stock; floating the barrel and tang, I would not worry about changing out the recoil lug.

Robinhood
08-16-2015, 08:43 PM
There are some variations in the inlet. Savage kind of screwed this up in my opinion. No stock makers make more than one variation and the rest is up to you by grinding or shimming. It is not a big deal.

Timbob
08-17-2015, 02:45 AM
Thanks guys. Please forgive my terrible gramma in my original post. Typing too quick. Anyone other options that would be available in nz? Bump

Timbob
08-20-2015, 02:41 AM
Bump