PDA

View Full Version : Axis trigger choices?

rcmark
08-15-2015, 11:45 PM
I would like to get the trigger closest I can get to 1.5 lbs.

These are the choices I have found so far:
Rifle Basix, Timney 633 or replace spring and shim sear?

What do you suggest?

DrThunder88
08-16-2015, 03:20 AM
I've not experienced much of a difference between my Timney and my Rifle Basix, which are installed on rifles with almost identical stocks. They aren't set quite as low as you're looking, but I expect you can't go wrong with either.

Shimming or otherwise modifying the trigger is doable, shimming being my preference for a number of reasons, but it takes some finesse. If you're not familiar with doing that sort of thing, it's a trial-and-error process. With a good set of shim stock (and new spring and set screw, of course), the results are indistinguishable from a Timney or RB. However it's sort of a fine line between too much shim, resulting in an unsafe trigger, and too little shim, which leaves a bit of creep. The adjustment screw on the replacement triggers can, of course, have the same problems, but the ability to change it without removing a shim, cleaning up the trigger, cutting a new shim, and setting it in place, makes it a far more convenient option if you over- or undershoot.

Look for shim stock in the 0.006-0.010" range. Most of my rifles have used either 0.008" or 0.010" with a spring tension giving a 2# pull.