PDA

View Full Version : Boyd pro varmint

asr1
08-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Good afternoon all,
I been a forum reader for many years and Savage rifles owner since 2006 started after my bad and expensive experence with brand xxx.
I ordered Boyed pro varmint and based all what I seen on the forum I was not worried as Fox on the forum good afordable stock a good project stock amen to that
The stock was ordered on July 20 revived today look good feels goog in hand but the front action screw not lined up when it was drilled the front screw need to be drilled 1/8" forward
Any of you guys run to this ?
The order was placed on the phone because Boyd web sight and I pod did not get along
the the rifle is model 12 FVSS 300 wsm stager feed large shank bull barrel
should I send it back?
Any options you can think off?

Thanks

asr1
08-14-2015, 08:18 PM
Many apology for the spelling

Robinhood
08-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Are you sure you have a stagger feed? You ordered a 4.27 spacing stagger fed action stock and maybe should have ordered the 4.41 center fed action stock.

devildogandboy
08-14-2015, 08:44 PM
Are you sure you have a stagger feed? You ordered a 4.27 spacing stagger fed action stock and maybe should have ordered the 4.41 center fed action stock.

that's what it sounds like. if you got the wrong one and haven't made any changes to it call Boyd's and see if you can exchange it.

Bruce

asr1
08-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestions keep them coming please

Yes it is stager feed the mag snaps and latches to the slots in the action
my new gen Savage action in 308 has the B&C medalist stock it is center feed now has the CDI lower and it did not line up with the new Boyd stock. I think it is 4.4 when I ordered stock for it
i spent a bout an hour looking and measuring i found the holes mainly the front action one not drilled straight and the plastic spacer not in line with it
so I removed the plastic spacer pushed it out with wooden dowel the one came installed on the stock for the front bolt head and managed to make the front action screw fit
so i would say when I drill the holes and enlarge them for new pillar i think it is going to work.

Is the front pilar go all the way under the front bolt head or i should make spacer like the plastic one they sent but in larger diameter and install it after I center it correctly to line up with front pilar and the bolt?

What is the recomended OD for pillar?