PDA

View Full Version : My Happy 260 Remington Build

Pages : 1 [2]

s3silver
02-08-2017, 03:56 AM
How heavy was the barrel by itself?

hnts4fun
02-08-2017, 06:34 PM
foxx - I know you'll be able to relate to what I'm about to write. This rifle and this site have cost me more money than I could ever have imagined!! I've also discovered something, with everyone's here helping, that is almost as much fun as hunting itself; and for that I thank you!

I've always preferred buying used guns to new guns, almost hands down. However, I never fiddled much with my guns, let alone built one, until my friends started running Savages, and I found this site, AND my friend and I built this particular rifle. Fiddling & building… Building & fiddling…VERY habit-forming! It's not that this particular rifle broke the bank but it certainly paved the way for more, and bigger, and better projects; and that's why I'm thinking of selling this rifle. I'm in the coughing up money stage of my next project and something has to go because I'm all out of blood to sell. LOL

s3silver - with a lot of help from friends, I wrapped up another 260 Remington rifle last year. That one had been in the works for something like 13 years. Here's a link if you're interested.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971019521/m/4501097522

So I don't think I will miss it for long, but you are right, I will miss it. As for the barrel, it's a Criterion and their website calls the weight at 4.5 pounds for the barrel alone (26 inch/varmint).