PDA

View Full Version : Bell and Carlson Duramaxx

Tarheelpwr
08-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Did they make a Duramaxx with 4.4 spacing? How about with DBM inlet?

clintsrv
08-13-2015, 01:35 PM
I have never seen a Duramaxx in CF. I have had and seen ones that have been modified for CF by moving the front pillar forward slightly. You could easily have CDI inlet for their bottom and in the process move and re pillar the front screw for the 4.4 actions. It would work perfect then, if you like their bottoms.

foxx
08-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I have a blind mag model someone converted to CF. It's a great stock. I have a couple others I will do the same with. As for inletting it, I tried inletting a cheap wood stock for DBM once. It worked, but looked like dog-doo. THere's no reason a pro with a mill could not do so and do it well.

Tarheelpwr
08-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the input. Those both add a good bit of extra cost to the setup. I just got a steal on a SS 7mm WSM, so was looking for a cheap option since this was purchased on a whim.

foxx
08-13-2015, 03:08 PM
NAH... not of you have a sf stock already. You could move that front screw hole yourself. Just drill it out, install a pillar and epoxy around it. I'm a hack, but I can do it.

If you still need to buy one somewhere, yes, they aren't cheap. I do like them, though and I doubted I would ever spend more than $100 on a synthetic stock.

If not, you can always go Boyds.

Tarheelpwr
08-13-2015, 03:09 PM
I do not have it, so by the time I'd pay $125-$150 to get one, I'm better off just going the boyds route since it will be done for the same price "ish".