PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Adjustable cheek rest that will work?

jjohnson636
08-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Hello all, I've recently purchased a Savage 93BTVS 22 WMR and I just love the wood finish and unique butt-stock, unfortunately I have issues viewing through my scope; I need my line of sight raised. The 93BTVS's has a thumb hole, Monte Carlo style stock that doesn't offer enough height so I was wonder if anyone has any solutions that will work with this rifle? I was looking into conventional adjustable cheek rests, such as Kydex, but I'm unsure if it will work.

sixonetonoffun
08-11-2015, 11:45 PM
I just put a cheap ammo sleeve on pad it to suit with pipe insulation foam or fun-noodles from the pool. Put a hole in it so it goes under the rear sling stud. Moves a little but not bad.

Some have more skill and cut the comb and make adjusters simular to the option boyds has now.

I just don't like the looks of kydex on wood. Not that the sleeve is at all attractive....

danielFL
08-14-2015, 05:14 PM
If your ok drilling and using a nut cert XLR check rest ($32) is best way to go. Nut certs found at local nut and bolt store

Fotheringill
09-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Try this -

http://www.accu-riser.com/categories/Accu%252dRiser-Cheek-Pads-and-Comb-Raisers/

I have one on a CZ 452 Ultra Lux and it works perfectly.

big honkin jeep
09-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Lower rings and bases?
That's what I would do anyway, and it would probably bring the line of sight closer to the bore.
Win Win