PDA

View Full Version : National Anthem

scope eye
08-09-2015, 07:55 PM
I was at my local race track last Saturday night, and before the start of the feature races after qualifying is done the National Anthem is always played, well for some reason they were having technical difficulties and they could not get it to play over the loud speakers. Well he said "they announcer" I am not going to let that stop me how about every one join me and we all belt it out, well let me tell you it was an unbelievable scene I even looked over to the pit area and they were joining in, there were thousands the whole grandstands and the pit area, It was on of those things that you had to be there I know I will never forget it.

Dean

BlueDog
08-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Thank you Scope Eye. Nothing will get to me as much as real patriotism from the heart. I wish I could have been there to experience it. (Heck, I've got goosebumps thinking about it).

Balljoint
08-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Someone has to have it on video and or sound tape

scope eye
08-10-2015, 03:07 AM
Someone has to have it on video and or sound tape

I will ask next week when I go, it is always the same crowd and is sorta like a big family. Even in the pits the racers lend each other parts and work on each others cars if they see they other guy might not make the feature race, with all this "Hate on America" It warms your heart to see what really goes on in this country even thou you would not know it, by what is reported in the media.

Dean

daddyusmaximus
08-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Love it when that happens.

scope eye
08-10-2015, 08:35 PM
During the performance they announcer looked up and saw what was going on, and was so surprised that he lost his train of thought and forgot what verse he was on, the crowd continued with out missing a beat and he caught right back up.LOL

Dean