PDA

View Full Version : 400 yard clay match near Waco, tx 8/16

missed
08-08-2015, 06:40 PM
The HOTSA 400 yard Clay Bird Match will be on Sunday, August 16th. Direction to the range are attached. Chances are it will be very HOT that day. The firing line is in the shade and we have lots of additional covered areas for folks to stay out of the sun. However, it still will be very hot. We feel it is very important to complete the match before 1:00 p.m. due to climbing temperatures. In order to do this, we are changing from the Texas Benchrest (SOY) format to another format that will allow us to finish the match much earlier. We will shoot four rounds instead of five rounds, have an eight minute sighter period before the first round, have 10 shots at nine clays, seven of which will be mid-sized clays (90 mm) and two of which will be mini-clays (60 mm) and one sighter per round. That will make 40 rounds of shots and 36 targets, plus unlimited sighters before the first round. Tie Breakers are based on number of mini-clays hit or a one-shot shoot-off.

If you have a good portable shooting bench, bring it. If you don't have a bench, you can shoot off of someone else's bench. There will be time to move benches around between relays. Don't stay home because you don't have a bench; we will get you one. Bring your shooting stool.

We will try to get finished and on our way home before 1:00 p.m. The changes to the format should enable us to do so.

The entry fee is $35.00 (Please have cash)
Prize Money is for 1st - 3rd and is based on 30% to 40% of the entry fees and number of shooters.
For information and/or questions about the match, call Denny Henderson at 972 dash 742 dash9359 or send an email to drh15 AT aol DOT com

missed
08-08-2015, 06:41 PM
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3878170.0;attach=9 59397

Flyer for match!

LongRange
08-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Must be nice getting sighters lol...only class 4 (sharp shooter) get sighters in our matches.

missed
08-22-2015, 04:32 PM
We had the varmint silhouette this weekend. That is a very fun shoot, the range is very challenging to shoot at. All the targets were slightly sub MOA. I shot a 21 out of 40 getting third place. Second was 22, and the guy that won was 38. Couple of benchrest shooters with hot rod 6mm that beat me. I shot my 22-250 today.