PDA

View Full Version : 300 rum brass/ 338 edge

Postmn
08-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Hello all I'm new to the site but shoot a lot and now into my third custom gun build (second savage). I really wanted a bigger caliber and decided to do a 338 Edge but I have a real hard time finding brass. Is this common for the caliber is it a seasonal run. I'm starting to get frustrated to the point I'm thinking of selling but I like the gun. Any help or insight would be great.

upSLIDEdown
08-08-2015, 01:15 AM
300 RUM brass has been really hard to find, a lot of it due to a lot of people building 338 Edge's... lol Depending on how much you're willing to pay and if you're looking for a particular headstamp will determine your luck finding it.

35Whelenshooter
08-08-2015, 01:51 AM
It is hard to find 300 rum, there is brass to be found. Most of the Remington brass is in loaded ammo, if need be you can make it out of 404 Jeffery brass.
You might check noslers page as they do have rum brass for sale from time to time.

upSLIDEdown
08-09-2015, 01:45 AM
I've seen Nosler and Norma both in stock recently, if you're willing to pay for it. I'm not, at this point. I'll see how my RP stuff holds up and go from there, but most everything I've read says it'll last as long as either of the other two, if not longer. Time will tell.