PDA

View Full Version : .338 Lapua Improved in Standard .338 LM action?

WinnieTheBoom
08-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Has anyone attempted fitting a .338 Lapua Improved in a standard 110 .338 Lapua action? Would this even be possible/advisable and what all would be involved in doing so? I have a feeling that cost alone would be prohibitive to take on something like this but given my impending barrel/chassis swap, a guy can dream.

Thanks for the insight.

WinnieTheBoom
08-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Anyone?

Alleycat72
08-09-2015, 08:24 AM
I have one in a Stiller action.

sixonetonoffun
08-09-2015, 10:44 AM
I have zero experience with this but...

I think if you dig you will find a few comments from Sharpshooter regarding the savage lm actions and my take away was they are marginal to begin with.

Though the lm design is suspect. The improved shoulder might be the key to the bolt thrust issue. Maybe Alleycat72 can confirm?

WinnieTheBoom
08-09-2015, 05:12 PM
I have zero experience with this but...

I think if you dig you will find a few comments from Sharpshooter regarding the savage lm actions and my take away was they are marginal to begin with.

Though the lm design is suspect. The improved shoulder might be the key to the bolt thrust issue. Maybe Alleycat72 can confirm?

Thanks for the response. That's basically my thinking at this point but it seems like it would be a little risky regardless. I'm right there with you about the Savage action being marginal to begin with, Criterion won't even make a pre-fit replacement for it because it didn't pass their integrity tests. Guess i'll start looking at the Edge.