PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 scope base and rings

Midnight_f150
08-02-2015, 06:53 PM
I'm about to order a Nikon Prostaff 7 4x16x50mm for my model 11 in 308. I'm looking for some suggestion on scope base and rings to mount this scope to my gun. I'm also wondering what height rings I would need to allow the 50mm scope to clear the barrel. My model 11 is a smooth barrel with no iron sights. If this is the wrong place to ask this question I'm sorry but the optics section had a sticky saying to post scope mount questions in the section for your gun model.

GaCop
08-05-2015, 07:14 AM
I recommend the on e piece Evolution Gun Works (EGW) base with Picatinney slots. The EGW give you numerous options on ring location to accommodate long and short bodied scopes. Medium high rings should give you the clearance you need of the scope bell. I prefer windage adjustable rings like those made by Millet and Weaver. They allow coarse windage adjustments to be made without wasting any of the scopes internal windage adjustments.

gotcha
08-05-2015, 06:16 PM
+1 for the EGW base. I prefer the Burris signature rings. The plastic inserts will not mar your scope tube and they can be adjusted for off-set to compensate for mis-alignment concerns. In the past I used Leupold rings & bases with rear ring adjustable (with screw) for windage. Since the front ring on this set-up refused to turn & follow the rear ring I ended up bending the scope tube and ruining the windage adjustment necessitating a trip back to Leupold to repair the scope. You'll find a video @ Burris site explaining how to manipulate the plastic inserts to control windage without using up windage adjustment. Just my .02 BTW my latest "creation" has 30MM tube and 50MM objective on a 110 action. I used tall Signatures and have about 1/8" clearance on the Criterion varmint weight barrel. This set-up still gives me good cheek weld W/O adjustable comb.

drybean
08-05-2015, 07:37 PM
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^

nelly
08-05-2015, 07:59 PM
+1 for the EGW standard picatinny rail for short action Savage .308. I originally mounted my 4x18x44 Falcon Menace using Medium rings but they were too high so I returned them for 30mm low profile Leapers UTG Maximum Strength QD's. Just received them today and will mount them up in a day or so.

savgebolt
08-09-2015, 01:28 PM
look at DNZ ,,,, or talley light weight mounts ,,,,

Bimmer
08-14-2015, 05:31 PM
My FCP-SR came with the EGW mount, and it seems fine.

I think medium rings would be too hight. I'm using Warne low rings with a Nikon 4-16x50, and that works fine.

Robinhood
08-14-2015, 08:27 PM
You have a prostaff scope. Go to walmart and buy the 11 dollar mounts. You may need to shorten the forward screw in the forward mount. Buy some weaver aluminum Warne rings in medium. Go shoot.