PDA

View Full Version : Savage Hog Hunter in 308

Pages : 1 [2]

Lorenzo
08-13-2015, 04:55 AM
I have the Hog Hunter in .308. As you have discovered, the bolt gets smoother with use. I put the B&C Medalist/Varmint stock on mine along with a Nikon M-308 4-16x42 scope on it. Rear sight interferes with flip up lens caps. The stock is heavy. My rifle now weighs 12 pounds, and it helps to soak up some of the recoil. Enough that I’ve decided not to put a muzzle brake on it. This is a target rifle, so I welcome the weight. Mine came with the trigger adjusted to a constant 3 lbs 6 oz and I doubt I’ll touch the adjustment.

I’ve been using Hornady 168 grain A-Max bullets and IMR 4895 and am pleased with my results. 3/4 inch at 100 yards from someone who flinches alot.

The site the photo is hosted on is having problems, but it should post eventually.

http://www.pbase.com/wingspar/image/159470803/original.jpg
man that is a sweet gun. Im going with a Hog in .223 with the B&C full adjustable stock.

acj7382
08-13-2015, 04:51 PM
I have decided to go with a Boyd's Laminate depending on how it does when I get to the 800 yard range. So far just 178 Amax at a hundred but I couldn't be happier. The muzzle brake has made it shoot like a 243. Not snappy. Just shoots great.

nelly
08-13-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm still deciding if I should re-stock. I'm looking for something that will accept either Accurate Mag Bottom Metal or CDI, CDI told me to look at a Boyd's stock but I don't know if the Boyd's will allow a DBM ? BTW does anyone who still shoots the Tupperware stock experience the screws coming loose after 20 rds or so ? This is the 2nd time it happened (I didn't use any Lok-Tite the 1st time it happened) I flipped it over and I could shake the trigger group and Barrel ....:help:

acj7382
08-24-2015, 05:54 PM
I'm still deciding if I should re-stock. I'm looking for something that will accept either Accurate Mag Bottom Metal or CDI, CDI told me to look at a Boyd's stock but I don't know if the Boyd's will allow a DBM ? BTW does anyone who still shoots the Tupperware stock experience the screws coming loose after 20 rds or so ? This is the 2nd time it happened (I didn't use any Lok-Tite the 1st time it happened) I flipped it over and I could shake the trigger group and Barrel ....:help:
Your lucky I guess. Lol. Mines shooting so good I can't part to get stock screw out yet. Got out to 800 yard range Friday and managed 100-500 with the 178 Amax. The 180 grain Nosler ballistic tip done my groups a lot tighter. 4 6 inches at 500 yards. I love this rifle and it's still stock with exception of muzzle brake. Seriously though my Tikka CTR stock screw came out a few weeks ago. Applied a small amount of blue loc tite and it's still good and snug. Use blue not red.