PDA

View Full Version : Will the Target Accutrigger fit a 110 Long Action?

minnesotamulisha
07-28-2015, 06:54 AM
I currently have a Model 12 F T/R whose trigger I have replaced with a Rifle Basix. This gun came with the target Accutrigger. Can I put the Target Accutrigger on a 110 Long Action?

Thanks,

Adam

foxx
07-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Accutriggers can be made to fit older actions that were not originally designed for them, but it requires some tinkering. I have done a number of them, but I would not know how to begin to tell you how to go about doing it. You kinda have to be able to look at the parts and see what needs to be done to make it work. I can say this much: Use the original safety that came with the action, not the trigger.

jpdown
07-28-2015, 07:23 PM
You can't just swap them out. If you replace the rear accutrigger spring on you 110 with the target trigger spring, you can usually get a standard accutrigger down to around 1.5 lbs.

J.Baker
07-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Do yourself a favor and just stick with the aftermarket trigger. The Target AccuTrigger has always had an issue of tripping the safety feature when adjusted to the lower end of it's pull range.

foxx
07-29-2015, 09:13 AM
I am 99.99999% sure you can swap them out without difficulty if the 110 came from the factory with an Accutrigger.

Doesn't mean you won't like a quality aftermarket trigger better, though.

minnesotamulisha
07-29-2015, 09:26 AM
J. Baker, I've had the opposite experience. I put the SAV-2 in my model 12 and had a hell of a time getting it to work correctly. If I would close the bolt too hard, the trigger would fire. I sent it back to Rifle Basix and they sent me a new one. They advertise a 4 oz pull, but barely closing the bolt would set it off. I had to settle with about 10oz in order for it to work correctly.

My Target Accutrigger never had any issues.

I just know that I can adjust the Target trigger to a lower pull weight than the factory Accutrigger.

I looked at them last night and they look to be the same without pulling them apart.

foxx
07-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Minn, I have played with dozens of Accutriggers and half a dozen each of all the aftermarket types as well. Some will work fine on a given rifle, some will not. Some "regular" Accutriggers go real low without issue, and act more like the "Varmint" Accutriggers. I have bought used RB Sav-2's that others had trouble with and I find they work great. There's really no telling for certain how any brand or model will work with a particular rifle. I've also had aftermarket triggers that felt like crap on one rifle and I put another one just like it on the same rifle and it is great.

I think that's part of the reason why some people swear by one and curse the other. You just don't know for sure how it will be with yours until you try it.

I have never actually played with a Target Accutrigger, but I was told by reliable sources that they have a different sear engagement that is designed to allow them to work with lower weight springs. I suppose that's true. With that in mind, I see no reason why you can't swap a target accutrigger for a regular accutrigger. Whether it operates the way it is intended is dependent on your gun. There is no reason, design-wise that it won't. THe actions are essentially the same in that regard. Give it a try.