PDA

View Full Version : From Carbondale IL.

Magnumdood
07-28-2015, 01:33 AM
Hey guys! I've been a member here for a while, but I mainly read. I've found that I learn more if I listen to others rather than post when I really don't have anything to contribute.

I live in Carbondale, IL., so, most of our hunting excludes centerfire rifles. We can use centerfire rifles to hunt coyotes, hogs and other destructive varmints, but deer season is, well, confusing. Initially we could use shotgun slugs, then a muzzleloader season was introduced, then a handgun season was introduced. Still no centerfire rifles though.

I bought a Savage ML II and harvested a white tail buck with it. That was 10 years ago, so the load I used is long forgotten. My ML II had the AccuTrigger which was a pleasure to use and made shooting from field positions much easier than I anticipated.

I'm 55 years old, and lived the first 40 years of my life in Texas. We moved here in 1999 when my lovely bride accepted a position with Southern Illinois University. I've spent the years collecting a couple of degrees, tinkering with my firearms, and becoming one of the obsessed Turkey Hunters that seem to multiply in number every year.

And finally, I've always felt, and told others, that Savage rifles were absolutely the best bang for your buck. In a lot of cases Savage rifles can be made to shoot more accurately than the more expensive rifles that are available.

BlueDog
07-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Glad you joined us. Welcome!

drybean
07-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Welcome aboard

B52buff
07-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Welcome from NE Michigan.

Bolthead
07-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Raised up in Carbondale. SIU alumni . Moved to Galveston Island in '78, and on to Fl. in '82. Great town, although it has been a long while since I have been there and probably would not recognize any more. Welcome to the forum.

Rick_W
07-28-2015, 07:20 PM
Welcome out of lurkdom.:becky:

savgebolt
08-01-2015, 11:39 AM
welcome magnum,,,,, champaign, il here

Hotolds442
08-02-2015, 03:08 AM
Welcome!